Sign in to follow this  
mgorm16640

Northern AZ Quail

I live in Flagstaff have been driving south to hunt around Cleator and Mayer for quail. Drive is getting old. How far north do they go. I have heard rumors of them as far north as Williams but have never found any.

We have seen quail in 7W where we elk hunt. I have never hunted them there but they are there in small numbers.

5 or so years ago, I ran into a covey over north of the Welch Road exit while archery deer hunting in December. I was completely surprised and have never made it back over there. I need to go check it out sometime.

Very cool graphic, Tres.

• Like 1

Very cool graphic, Tres.

Wish I could take credit for it. John Odell from Game and fish made it

If you are in flag the best quail hunting and closest to you is beaver creek. take the 17 to 179 turn left, Anywhere past rarick canyon to the left or south holds good to excellent numbers of birds down to the creek, hunted it many times while I still had a granite plant in prescott. Prickly pear patches were usually a good start, A quail call is a must there only way to locate them quick as they are very talkative in that area. Good luck!! took many a fine limit out of there.

• Like 3

Thanks for the help, looking forward to getting out over the holliday.

Hoping to take my daughter out for her first quail hunt Saturday morning. Good luck!