Sign in to follow this  
WOODSAZ

Good Elk pics

For some fun comparison, Here is what that 8 pt looked like on May 22 of this year.

post-669-1184563381_thumb.jpg

And this is what he looked like 22 days later in June of this year. And now he looks like your picture ;)

post-669-1184563670_thumb.jpg

And also for year to year growth comparison. This is what that 6X7 looked like last year on July 7th 2006. He spent way too much time down in the low country this year and his antler growth suffered from it. I wish he would have come up early like he did last year. :( Just thought you might like to see ;)

Lance

post-669-1184563924.jpg

An one more from last year. This is the 8pt from last year. Note he is only a 6X7. He spent his time in green grass country the whole summer this year and it shows. Compare this photo with your photo of him above (second pic.) in the same running posision.

Nice camera by the way! Way better than my photoes!

Lance

post-669-1184564733.jpg

Wow, are those the only three bulls in Arizona?

Bob

Wow, are those the only three bulls in Arizona?

Bob

Yes bobbyo, that is why there wasn't enough tags for you this year. :( Only three bull elk! :lol: :lol: It's got to be your turn next year. Let me be the first to say Good Luck on your next year elk tag. ;)

Lance- thats pretty cool, didnt realize you two were so close. LOL :lol:

I got the Nikon D40. Took these with a 200mm lens. I have been drooling over one for a while now. Therer a lot of built in editing features built in too.

What is on the side of there bodies? I don't remember seeing this on an elk before. David

Looks like pieces of winter hair to me...you'll also notice scars more with the short summer hair as well. Bret

What is on the side of there bodies? I don't remember seeing this on an elk before. David

It is spots with no hair at all. there dark skin is showing.

Mostly in places like the arm pit where the shoulder rubs alot. Or where they have an itch, a scar or where they just get poked by something. Right now there summer hair is at it's thinest. You can even see the change from May to July in the pictures. There faces loose alot of the hair as well, and deer do it also.