Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Mazatzal Wilderness

Just Wondering that if any body is knowledgeable of the Mazatzal Wilderness specially for WT and MD??

What ever help opinions past experiences will be appreciate it (and not afraid of walking)

Best Regards

Ounce again like any backountry here in az water will be the main issue, there are a lot of options on entry points as well. In general I would say mule deer on the west side and whitetail on the east side. From where I have been its almost a straight line north to south dividing the species. I have a javi tag in 22 this year and if it's the Jan hunt I'll be doing deer javi combo. Really big country for sure but in the 5 or so times I've been inside the wilderness fence I've never ran into anyone else or even glassed anyone else. My kind of place. Hard to go wrong hunting anywhere inside the wilderness boundary

• Like 2

Don't listen to them. There's no deer in 22...too many lions. You should hunt down south.

• Like 1

Ive backpacked in the east of it several times. Theres some deer elk bears cats, whatever you want. Nice part is you hike up to get in and if you shoot something its mostly downhill to get it out.

• Like 1

I was into it some this year on my mule deer hunt. I was very dissappointed at myself because it was a lot rougher than I was in shape for. But the little I did go in looked awesome and no one else in there.

• Like 1

That is nuts country. Way easier places to hunt.

Water can be a very big issue. There are lots of springs on the map that are now dry. Lots of dead zones where there are no deer at all.

You will invent new curse words....and phrases :wacko:

• Like 2