Sign in to follow this  
footballica

First elk hunt

Hey everybody, I have a late cow tag in 19a and this will be my first elk hunt. Now, I know what everybody is thinking " he just wants honey holes, doesn't want to tough it out..." Not at all. I'm just looking for some tips and general advice that could help me out. I'm fairly new to hunting as a whole but I have started to figure some stuff out so I'm not totally in the dark. I've done some scouting and have a general idea of where I want to set up shop but I'm not overly confident in my choice or skillset. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Mike

• Like 1

I hunted that area about 10 years ago. If I recall, there aren't many places to glass. I believe there is a bull hunt right before yours. Meet up with those guys as they leave and see what they may say.

Good luck

• Like 1

Late hunts are hard. No vocals means finding and patterning elk. That takes time in the field either during the hunt or before. Good luck.

To the Top I dont care what azgfd says.

When you say "top" are you talking about Mingus Mt.?

The bull in my avatar was on top of mingus in november.

To the Top I dont care what azgfd says.

When you say "top" are you talking about Mingus Mt.?
The bull in my avatar was on top of mingus in november.

Do you think that they have gone down in elevation with it getting colder and the storm that came through last week?