Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

623 236 7733 - # for Special Draw - Draw results issues? CONFIRMED!

I applied for a late spring turkey hunt that I should have easily drawn with 3 points. Mind you, I put the same hunt number as my 1st and 2nd choice and I still have my receipt verifying my application and it has the correct hunt numbers. Success rate has always been 100% for people who apply with 3 or more points. I really don't expect to get a tag or anything I just want an explanation how this could happen. I called and talk to someone in the draw dept and she couldn't explain so they transferred to be to some sort of data analyst and you could tell they didn't want to be bothered today. I'm guessing she would have rather been shopping because all the did was nothing and her best explanation a lot of NR's applied and changed the odds of drawing. I explained to here that all the NR's and residents are in the same pool and that it had no bearing on my question. Besides, how many NR's do you know that apply for a late spring turkey tag? Finally after her admitting she had no idea why I did not draw she said she would pass my name and number on to Amber Munig. Poor Amber, the people under her do not understand the draw and how it works so they have to pass everything on to her. This is the 3rd time they couldn't explain something to me and eventually transfer my question to her.

I used to be a computer programmer for a large saving and loan company in Dallas, TX. When I was hired right out of college the first thing they did was have me sign up for some night classes on banking and financial institutions. They thought it was important for ALL their employees to understand the ins and out of the business that provided their living. It would make them a better employee. I'm guessing many of the people that work at G&F don't really understand what they are doing and how the draw really works.

Knothead: Did you receive your bonus point for turkey?

Also for others, I'm curious, has anyone been awarded a bonus point that was NOT drawn for piggies? I know several people that did draw but don't know of anyone that didn't draw but was awarded their point..

My guess as to the resolution: All those applicants who were lost in cyber space, (if that is the case), will be awarded a point and the explanation given will be simply that they were not drawn but the system simply failed to indicate that and in turn, no bonus points were automatically awarded.. "But rest assured, you were entered and just not drawn". And this could actually be the case. Regardless, now that people have been told that they were drawn, there is no way they can do the draw over and if we are talking about thousands of tags, they really can't issue too many more tags than prescribed or the populations will take a hit..

I now have my bowl of popcorn in my lap as I watch the show that I may be in myself!! This could get interesting..

Oh yeah it will be very interesting. Is it bad coding by the 3rd party or bad requirements given by GnF?

This should wake up GnF/AZ State and look hard at how they have the draw and authorization process with credit cards.

Maybe the Deuce will help them find their ways.

Yes, I did receive a Turkey BP. I now have 4 points.

I would just like a real explanation of how this happened.

One ofy buddies has not received any resolution on turkey or javelina. He is very dissapointed, and wasn't provided any assurances by GnF.

I wonder if I am having a problem in the system too. I was not drawn for javelin according to my cc charges but when we entered the draw 1 hunter had to buy a license. I was never able to print the license because of an error or reprint the license through the site. I emailed g&f with no reply, and was apparently not drawn.

Yes but rest assure nobody will break into your g & f acct cuz they have nasa level passwords... L.O.L. i can never remember mine due to 6-9 spaces, 1 capital letter, 1 lower case letter, 1 number, 1 special like !#$*/%

Gee now it wont let me change my paasword that i cant remember. @$!#%

• Like 1

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Well something is happening! Not sure what they are doing but I just got dinged for 25.00 on my account.(Saturday at 6:00PM.) Since it's for 25.00, I don't yet know if it's for pig or bear. My portal still shows nada on both so the updates haven't happened yet. Not sure how long that will take but I'm happier now. Keep an eye on your accounts and portal.

Update: On Sunday morning my portal shows I was drawn for bear but still shows nothing yet for pig.

Sounds like from others too, that GnF is busy working this weekend making corrections etc... Hope the resolutions is amicable for all parties.

Oththatguy - well cool, you are getting half way there. I wish all the best to everyone that had issues. Still waiting on my friends to give me an update on what they ended up with.

Boom! Draw success over the weekend. Unit 22 Piggie. Happy Birthday to me! G&F worked through the weekend and fixed the snafu for most of us. Thanks

On the phone now with them ... I guess the draw technically is not finished and from what I was just told is that some seeing in the portal not drawn may technically be drawn.. I was not seeing anything but the lady said they had a temporary result but could not tell me if I was or wasn't drawn, and transferred me to the draw ... The next lady was not able to give me the info and She stated that all results and leftover list should be out by end of work day , today.

Still appears that GnF has the draw process incorrect. Some users have not received any Turkey bonus points or tag or any explanation of why their Turkey opportunity was totally over looked. Bottom line is there are people that never had the opportunity to even have their application entered into the draw, this to me means the entire draw process is compromised.

They seemed to have filled the Javelina tags and are issuing generic tag #s ie., 9999, instead of 0004 etc.. I sure hope they don't over flood units with extra tags. Some users have not received any Turkey bonus points or tag or any explanation of why their Turkey opportunity was totally over looked.

I talked with GnF regarding left over tags, they said they will be working through the weekend to complete the leftovers. Their process appears to be flawed, especially if there are left over tags available all week and you didn't get one via mail in process.

Please review your information, you too may be missing bonus points for Turkey and or Javelina.