Sign in to follow this  
MoHunter81

Unit 22 advice

Check some of the desert areas by 4 peaks, sunflower, gisela, jakes corner and roosevelt lake to name a few. There are a bunch of pigs in the high country by payson, pine and strawberry but they are harder to find.

I will apologize now if I gave someone else's spot away but these areas always seem to hold piggies. ;)

• Like 2

I just saw the biggest herd of pigs ever in 22. We weren't positive on the total as they kept moving and had several babies but 15 to 20 is the count we had. It was awesome. The wind was blowing from us to them, they had 3 at least who came to check us out and huffed, even circled us while huffing. The little buggers wouldn't leave. 15 minutes easy at anywhere from 15 yards to 30 all while not really caring if we spooked them (meaning we were not being stealthy at all, rather actually just standing and watching). To bad I had an elk tag.

22 has pigs everywhere in it. You need to walk walk and walk. Glass hill sides along the way. I walk a ton bird hunting and I've seen pigs dang near on every mountain in that unit. Get away from the roads and glass.

• Like 3

try the cabin rental for unit 22 thur JLG here in the CWT classifieds

if you do a 3 night rental I believe it includes cords/ location for a herd of javelina in unit 22

don't quote me though - lol

• Like 1