Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Spring results

Holy smokes....did anybody even put in

Well with the screw ups, who knows? It does look like there are more leftovers than usual. My Turkey and Bear tags have been resolved but I still have a pig app floating around in la la land. No hit on account, no point and no info... And of course, my two choices have no left overs. Pretty amazing. I guess I need to call them again.

• Like 1

I drew my second choice on HAM javelina, there's 18 leftover tags for my 1st choice. ??

Could be a bonus pass issue on drawing your second choice tag. If you miss the bonus pass on your first choice, but make the bonus pass on your second choice, unfortunately you will receive your second choice in the "pre draw bonus pass phase" even if there are leftovers for first choice. You basically drew your tag before the regular joe drawing began. It's an epic fail that usually can only happen with javelina. I would assume you have a loyalty and hunter ed point to help make that possible. I only put one entry for javelina, but you could list you second choice in the 3rd choice box and leave the the 2nd choice box empty or put your first choice hunt number in as your second choice as well. This would prevent this from happening. 3rd choice cannot go into the "pre bonus pass phase" of the drawing. Hope that helps for next time if that is your issue.

The bonus pass phase only counts for 1st and 2nd choice.

Draw system 3 phases:

1st and 2nd choice bonus pass phase

1st and 2nd choice reg drawing

3rd, 4th and 5th choice drawing

• Like 4

Could be a bonus pass issue on drawing your second choice tag. If you miss the bonus pass on your first choice, but make the bonus pass on your second choice, unfortunately you will receive your second choice in the "pre draw bonus pass phase" even if there are leftovers for first choice. You basically drew your tag before the regular joe drawing began. It's an epic fail that usually can only happen with javelina. I would assume you have a loyalty and hunter ed point to help make that possible. I only put one entry for javelina, but you could list you second choice in the 3rd choice box and leave the the 2nd choice box empty or put your first choice hunt number in as your second choice as well. This would prevent this from happening. 3rd choice cannot go into the "pre bonus pass phase" of the drawing. Hope that helps for next time if that is your issue.

Draw system 3 phases:

gotcoues - So I read/understand it right, you can put your first choice number in 1st and 2nd choice box?

Correct

If your putting a 2nd choice down because you know there are left over tags and that way you don't have to mail in later for a "left over", then your probably better putting it down as a third choice. You can put the same number in twice for first and second choice or leave second choice blank and use third choice so you cannot get screwed in the bonus pass phase.

It doesn't happen to a lot of people, but we hear about someone getting hosed every yr. I don't think I've ever heard of this happening except for javelina.

• Like 1

Holy smokes....did anybody even put in

Well with the screw ups, who knows? It does look like there are more leftovers than usual. My Turkey and Bear tags have been resolved but I still have a pig app floating around in la la land. No hit on account, no point and no info... And of course, my two choices have no left overs. Pretty amazing. I guess I need to call them again.

So I'm quoting myself because my bear tag may not be resolved after all. I suggest looking at the G&F main site draw results so you can view your tag #'s. NOT your portal as mine now shows I have NO tags, licenses or permits but I do have my old bonus points! Before today, it showed my unsuccessful turkey and successful bear. My bear tag # is up in the high multiple thousand range and should be no higher than the number of permits issued per hunt #. The book indicates only 275 tags for all archery permits and only 50 in my unit. (Archery bear Unit 22) If your tag # is less than the number of permits issued for that hunt #, you are probably good to go. Maybe. If not.... well..... dunno....

It was confirmed this morning with someone in the draw section at AZGF that my permit # is impossible and to wait for a resolution.

I was also told last week that my pig application was there but nothing indicating that it ever made it into the draw. Today, there is nothing even indicating that they received my app.

Until they have a proposed solution in the works, I would take anything they say with a grain of salt. I am a bit surprised they have not posted anything regarding this on their site though.

As frustrating as this is, I hope everyone remains patient with them. 5000 people yelling at them won't get anything resolved any faster. There will be plenty of time to take them out to the wood shed after they sort this mess out.

Good luck to all.

Man sounds like a mess. PLEASE don't have the mess for the elk and antelope draw!!!!!

• Like 3

Draw system 3 phases:

So this is how I also understood it... So I only put in a first choice no second choice and put another number for my 3rd choice. And for some reason I drew my 3rd choice???? And there are 150+ leftovers for my 1st choice????? Also my nephew has no record of his application being put into the mix for javelina yet I was charged the $13 application fee... they got us all screwed up