Sign in to follow this  
Mesabulls

24b Late hunt

I have a late hunt starting on 12/11 and just wondering if anyone had any success on the early hunts? I haven't found anything yet to get me excited.

I think that hunt will require some packing in for a decent buck.

Ive seen some decent little bucks coming out of the October hunts but nothing past the 90" mark. Theres plenty of coues in that unit, you should have a good hunt.

Ive seen some decent little bucks coming out of the October hunts but nothing past the 90" mark. Theres plenty of coues in that unit, you should have a good hunt.

I have vacation the last 10 days of the hunt, i'm hoping the hunt will get better towards the end of the month.

There are some good deer in there. I Agree your probably going to need to hike in some. There are a lot of hunts and tags between Coues and Mule deer before your hunt. I was able to take this buck this second day of the October hunt. After the first day of learning where it seemed Everyone else was hunting I moved areas and hiked to where I thought they wouldn't be. And it worked out great. Good Luck on your hunt.

post-1013-0-59929500-1449111127_thumb.png

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

As people have said, strap on those hiking boots and you'll find monsters.

I have a late hunt starting on 12/11 and just wondering if anyone had any success on the early hunts? I haven't found anything yet to get me excited.

tagged a decent buck in 24b at noon, couple miles into the wilderness area. Going in deeper week after next.
  • Like 3

what walked in a couple miles tagged a deer and your done - what kinda hunt is that

the best kind, Gary!
  • Like 1