I thought I was helping a fellow hunter out by putting him on birds last weekend and letting him hunt over a good dog. Went out this morning and sure enough his truck is in the spot I showed him and he's not alone. 3 other hunters with him chasing quail all over. I know it's public land and I don't own it, but I thought there was some respect between hunters on keeping an area quiet. I won't name drop but you know who you are and thats pretty messed up.

• Like 11

Thats the way it works. Too bad. Ive had same happen to me. It allmost pays not to be nice guy. .......BOB!

• Like 1

That's sucks. Did you ask him not to do that. I know you may think it should go unsaid but as we all know you can't hold everyone to your same morals.

Tuned in to this thread. might get pretty juicy. been a while since we had a good 10 pager!

• Like 11

That is just an unwritten rule. He should have atleast asked you if it was cool with you. I've had guys take me to their hunting or fishing spots and I don't go back there unless i go back with them or I ask if it's ok. Plus he took other people! That's a Big brown turd right there

• Like 3

man that suxs... for me living in the imperial valley a really good hunting spot for dove, quail, pheasant I always get hit up on forums for info. Some of these guys have actually put in the time and miles to make it out here on there own and scout and what not. I don't mind pointing them in the right direction and it's always nice for them to text or email an invite for me to join them on a hunt. but it does suck when they use your spot and bring the homies with them. I never take them to "the honey hole" but the usual hunting areas that outside visitors hunt during the seasons. good luck bro and we live and we learn.

Public land, that's how it goes. You know what they say about secrets. Keep them to your self. Same thing with whining.

• Like 2

I've had the same thing happen over quail, deer, elk. This is why I am primarily a solo hunter.

• Like 2

I had a buddy from work do the same thing on a good javelina spot I took him to on year for his first archery pig. The following year he was there with five of his buddies. I don't hunt with him anymore

• Like 2

Dang that sucks man!

That's why people don't like to share or help others! So many new and old hunters have little to no respect for another person's hunting spots. They usually don't fully understand until it happens to them.....

Maybe the person didn't fully understand. I hope he does now!

• Like 2