Sign in to follow this  
deserttacoma84

Where to get a custom canvas bag made?

Would anyone in the valley have recommendations on where to have a custom canvas bag made to custom dimensions. We have a wall tent style tarp tent that the box broke on. Would like to get a heavy duty carrier made to replace the box

post-5070-0-87862200-1449162470_thumb.jpg

I have a similar tent and made a wooden box to put everything in. A bit heavy, but as heavy as those tents are, i think a canvas bag would probably tear?

Apache awning on E Van Buren, talk to Inar the owner/operator.

• Like 1

I never thought of making a wood box looks like im gonna have to do that I bought the biggest davis makes and I cant find nothing to put it in

This company can make anything:

nomaralaska.com

They make bags that can hold several thousand pounds of fish, so I don't think a canvas tent will be a problem.

Some thoughts: a waterproof bag could be useful to prevent mildew. Have several smaller easier to handle bags made, one for tent, one for poles, etc. If your trying to keep it cheap, a wood crate is probably the best route...

try phoenix tent and awning company on mcdowell.....have always had great service there

• Like 2

try phoenix tent and awning company on mcdowell.....have always had great service there

This^^^^^

The few times I went to Phoenix tent..... I got sticker shocked and left. I have heard that they do quality stuff.

Inar at Apache awning does top quality work and specializes in custom stuff. He made my Bimini tops and camp enclosure for my pontoon boat 16 years ago. Great fit and finish, still in use today.

You might see if he could make a wrap-around bag for the tent, like a Kodiak tent bag, but add a small axle with wheels on one end, pull handle on the other. Just thinking out loud......

post-736-0-64404800-1449334950_thumb.jpg

The few times I went to Phoenix tent..... I got sticker shocked and left. I have heard that they do quality stuff.

Inar at Apache awning does top quality work and specializes in custom stuff. He made my Bimini tops and camp enclosure for my pontoon boat 16 years ago. Great fit and finish, still in use today.

You might see if he could make a wrap-around bag for the tent, like a Kodiak tent bag, but add a small axle with wheels on one end, pull handle on the other. Just thinking out loud......

attachicon.gifApache07.jpg

That was my idea. Similar to some of the heavier easy up tent bags.. thanks for all of the ideas.