Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Any favorites for a wood pellet grill?

I had Cabelas smoker......used 3 times then it quit. Never again!

Any favorite brands for pellet grills?

I would also consider other brands of smokers.

I have a green mountain smoker/grill and am vary happy with it. It has a digital thermostat that can be set as low 150 upto 500 and a fan mode that cleans the burn chamber after each cook. They even have an app so you can control it from your phone.

• Like 1

I have a green mountain smoker/grill and am vary happy with it. It has a digital thermostat that can be set as low 150 upto 500 and a fan mode that cleans the burn chamber after each cook. They even have an app so you can control it from your phone.

That sounds awesome!

Green Mountain or Treager you can't go wrong. I have a Teton which is made buy Treager I believe. I got mine new at the NWTF auction. If you do end up getting one I highly recommend the AMAZING SMOKE tube, this will double your smoke. I'm spoiled now with my smoker!!!! I almost got in trouble last month cause my Nieghbor said she always sees me in the backyard smoking,,, my wife was like What the HEck, but realized smoking meat not cigars!!! Ha ha

Get a 55 gallon drum and wood, or the walmart special that I have. In direct smoker but works great! My water heater just went out so i'm gonna use the tank as a direct smoker. Just use good wood.

That's to much work ha ha! Man I just set it and forget it until my meat thermonitor alarms, no babysitting it at all!!!

• Like 1

Not pellet but still a smoker and cooker. Pit Barrel Cooker. I will never look for another smoker again. If you research it, everything you hear about how easy and great it is, is absolutely true. I still cant believe it works as good as it does! Seriously, look it up and read on it before coming to a conclusion. It really is awesome!

Just got my Green Mountain Davy Crockett. Has built in WIFI controls so I can control it from an app on my phone. Takes 12V DC or AC, so I can bring it camping with me. I highly recommend it.

Here is the link to a helpful website that does reviews on all types of smokers including pellet. It is also a great website for recipes and the science behind smoking. The link should be specific to pellet smokers. I spent a little extra money and bought a made in the USA Yoder Pellet smoker. Unfortunately the only Yoder dealer in the state does not carry them any more. I glad I bought mine when before they quit.

I originally learned to smoke using an offset stick burner and then an electric smoker but after switching to a pellet smoker I will never go back. I have converted several friends and get phone calls all the time about recipes and upcoming smokes. I would also highly recommend an amazing smoke tube for anyone using a pellet smoker. One of my favorite smokes is fresh backstrap (elk, antelope, deer, exc) smoked whole then sliced to serve like prime rib.

http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment_reviews_ratings/equipment-reviews?field_manufacturer_target_id=All&&field_fuel_tid[0]=3&&field_primary_capacity_value[1]=0&field_primary_capacity_value[2]=0&field_primary_capacity_value[3]=0&field_primary_capacity_value[4]=0