This is great info! I always assumed it would cost thousands to video a hunt well and did not realize a $300 camera could make great videos and long range. I am definitely going to try and have one of these for next season.

Heck anything can do that. Get a go pro

i was looking at them but the go pro vids i see on youtube suck though. cant even see what theyre shooting at. ill check out the one you mentioned in store and look at it

The nikon p900 is what i bought about 8 months ago. I've been really happy with it so far.

That is the one I want to upgrade to. Nikon P900. Looks nice.

I was looking at the P610, the review says the 900 is a "large" camera but I am not sure how much bigger that means that the 610.

• Like 1

A $300 will get you a video but the quality wont be there. You can get and optical zoom as high as you want but if the lens isnt any good or the sensor that doesnt mean anything. Cameras are like optics, you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

A $300 will get you a video but the quality wont be there. You can get and optical zoom as high as you want but if the lens isnt any good or the sensor that doesnt mean anything. Cameras are like optics, you get what you pay for.

I had a 1800.00 camera and loved it but could not get any distance from it at all. Did you see my videos on the last page? I don't know any camera out there that is taking that good of video at that distance ESPECIALLY for 300.00. I sold my 1800.00 camera for the 300.00 one. I took photography in high school and have had some great cameras over the years. I have to say ANYTHING long range is hard to video/photograph but these cameras that are 300.00 to 500.00 are very impressive.

I had a 1800.00 camera and loved it but could not get any distance from it at all. Did you see my videos on the last page? I don't know any camera out there that is taking that good of video at that distance ESPECIALLY for 300.00. I sold my 1800.00 camera for the 300.00 one. I took photography in high school and have had some great cameras over the years. I have to say ANYTHING long range is hard to video/photograph but these cameras that are 300.00 to 500.00 are very impressive.

have you ever tried using a phoneskope type attachment for your phone to use on your binos or spotting scope? you can take some amazing quality video from way the heck out.

have you ever tried using a phoneskope type attachment for your phone to use on your binos or spotting scope? you can take some amazing quality video from way the heck out.

Yes I have tried but still does not have enough magnification. Thats why I went this route. I have tried everything but the 20,000.00 lens. :)