S2marble

Deer in 24A

Anyone know if the rain they got in 24a has rid some of the snow or made it worse? Here's a pic going up to the peak on 21st.

Thanks

That is signal peak in the pic. Yesterday was bad at the top campground loop but the rest was passable. There were a lot of active deer up there but saw no one up high only down low below the snow.

Can you tell if the rut is on yet?

I was in there a week ago and watched two whitetail bucks raking trees and a big 2x2 with his head down chasing does. They were in full blown rut for sure!

Well, my optimist attitude didn't work out. Didn't see a single deer where my cameras were set.

Couple of guys I came across saw a solo buck from a distance and solo does.

Froze a bit, but had a good time with my son and good Mexican food in Miami.

Can't decide if I prefer bugs and heat or cold and no bugs... May try lower elevation.

Well, I abandoned 24a this week and have been up in 2c. Saw a nice big mule buck this morning, but couldn't get closer than about 100 yards. Saw 2 other small bucks (one a little unicorn spike). Will try and find the big buck again tomorrow morning. Looks like the rut is on up here.

Well went out today and had come across one lil spike that never offered a decent shot and about 6 does throughout the mountain. Good day getting the daughter out to see some deer.