I was able to go out and chase some quail with a good friend of mine.( Dave Lukens). The coveys were big but tough to find.

post-2799-0-68004800-1450655814_thumb.jpegpost-2799-0-44782900-1450655895_thumb.jpeg

Today I hunted for 3 1/2 hours for Mearns. Came across 3 coveys. Average size was about 7 birds/covey. Looks like this season is slightly better than last for Mearns.post-2799-0-59564700-1450656092_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Very nice. Our gambel coveys are acting like late season birds. Think I might invest in a hawk call to maybe try and stop them....or use my .22..joking of course! :)

Looks like a great day! With work and Christmas and family in town, I won't be back out until the new year.

Where were you hunting? From what I hear, there area good numbers of Mearns in the Patagonia and Sonoita area. A friend has been finding coveys of 8-10 and quite a few more coveys than in years past.

Good job buddy. Dave is a great guy to learn from. There are 3 guys I'd love to just take lots of notes and learn to bird hunt from. Dave would be one of them and of course Mr Priest and mr Corley

• Like 1

Good job buddy. Dave is a great guy to learn from. There are 3 guys I'd love to just take lots of notes and learn to bird hunt from. Dave would be one of them and of course Mr Priest and mr Corley

Thanks Tres! Yes, all three of those guys are veteran quail hunters that have forgotten more than I know about quail hunting.