hunter1026

Special Gould's draw

So many issues with the draw system in AZ, so little space here to vent. Lol

Why can't they just look at how the other states do it, without issue, and follow their lead?

Every draw cycle seems to have unique "issues". Frustrating.....

I just called and left my info, fingers crossed

How do they know who applied but did not get entered......better question.....how do I know I got entered???

You know you didn't get entered if you don't have results posted to your portal but were charged the app fee, as was the case with me. I was charged for both a javelina and turkey app fee but when results were posted it was like I never even applied. I called them and got on the "list" and received a call last week. Because I didn't have a confirmation number I couldn't prove what I put in for so I just got my bonus points. Better than losing loyalty I guess.

But... How is the director not being held accountable for all the issues they have with the draw. Someone needs to be fired and get someone who can correctly do this draw. Shouldn't be that hard.

• Like 1

Last week I got a very unusual call from the Arizona Game & Fish Department and I'm wondering if any of YOU got the same call.

I got a call from a lady who said her name was I think Carol Coleman.

She said that there had been a error in loading my application for the spring Gould's turkey tag and that they were going to do another drawing and she asked if I wanted to be in it?

I asked how many people were affected by the Department's mistake and she said she didn't know,but thought she had about 20 names.

She told me I had three options, one of them being entered into a new draw if I gave up my right to appeal the mistake.

I was kinda taken back by this and said, "sure put me in the new draw!"

I commented that my odds had to be better in this new drawing and she said that no, this drawing would be the same odds as the other one.

Well now I'm wondering if I did the right thing by waiving my right to appeal to the Department about this mess up.

And I'm wondering just exactly what happened and how many people were affected by the mistake.

I know of one other Arizona hunter, Garth Goodrich, who got the same call.

He like me, opted to get into this next draw.

Just wondering if any more out there got this call? This seems kinda odd to me.

I also got the name and number of another lady that Carol said I could call. Her name is Mary Grace..I'm to call her on Tuesday.

Don Martin

In my phone call, I was told that they had determined that adding more tags would not be detrimental to the wildlife so they made the decision to add some. They didn't say how many. I should have asked more questions but I was at work when they called.

Have any of you guys heard back from G&F? My buddy was one of the guys in the extra draw and I would like to compare what he was told and what the rest of you guys were told.

I was wondering same thing. When I got the call the lady said she had to call 20 people from just my 1st choice. Asked her if new draw would still use bonus points and she said yes. So wonder how many people were affected. I called a couple days ago and asked the status. They said I didn't get drawn. Has anybody got word from Azgfd that they got a turkey tag from special drawing?

I feel like the call was JUST to get you to agree to their no fault statement.. My bonus point hasn't shown yet, nor my point for buffalo.

I can't believe they were not able to resolve this before the elk antelope draw. I had 18 turkey points and those dumbasses can't even get me entered in the draw. Anybody else??