Big G 243

Vortex 20x60HD or Swavros 15x56????????

Don't have the Swaros but had the Vortex 15x56 and have Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56. After some side by side comparison, the Zeiss stayed and I sold the Kaibabs.... I haven't done any side by side with the Swaros, but the Zeiss are GREAT!

• Like 1

Don't have the Swaros but had the Vortex 15x56 and have Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56. After some side by side comparison, the Zeiss stayed and I sold the Kaibabs.... I haven't done any side by side with the Swaros, but the Zeiss are GREAT!

Zeiss Conquest 15 X 56 are very good. Better than my 2004 Swaro 15 X 56. The Zeiss resolve better but I prefer the ergonomics of the Swaros. To be fair, the older Swaros do not have Swarodur coatings. I bought them used, could be the original owner scrubbed off some of the lens coatings during cleaning. All the top manufacturers use hardened coatings these days, a very desirable trait.
  • Like 1

I have a pair of Zeiss 15x60, purchased almost 20 years ago and will never part with them. In every case where they were compared side by side with other glasses, everyone agreed that in some cases the clarity was close, and in some cases the distortion was also close to the quality of the Zeiss, however the light gathering was unmatched to the Zeiss in every case.

I heard of an interesting story about these glasses... it involves a "qualified individual" (scientist/astronomer) who took apart a pair of Zeiss to compare the glass in a lab with what he could acquire in America. What he said was rather interesting...

He said that in America we can match the coatings, the grinding, the polishing, the frame, and mechanical components etc., but the one thing we (American companies) can't match are the elements put in the glass to give it the qualities the glass has (basically formula). He said we can get close, but can't match it.

You wont go wrong with getting the best in some cases, this being one of them.

I personally have no experience with the other Zeiss products listed herein.

Swaros for sure I will never get rid of them. A little story a friend and I were glassing during a junior hunt and he had the vortex hds. It was a cloudy mid morning and I glasses up two bucks about 1 mile away. I could make out antlers asn he could not. I ask him if he was sure he couldn't see the antlers and he said no. At this point I asked to look through his and yep you couldn't make out or see the antlers through his vortex. Go with Swaros.

I have a pair of Zeiss 15x60, purchased almost 20 years ago and will never part with them. In every case where they were compared side by side with other glasses, everyone agreed that in some cases the clarity was close, and in some cases the distortion was also close to the quality of the Zeiss, however the light gathering was unmatched to the Zeiss in every case.

I heard of an interesting story about these glasses... it involves a "qualified individual" (scientist/astronomer) who took apart a pair of Zeiss to compare the glass in a lab with what he could acquire in America. What he said was rather interesting...

He said that in America we can match the coatings, the grinding, the polishing, the frame, and mechanical components etc., but the one thing we (American companies) can't match are the elements put in the glass to give it the qualities the glass has (basically formula). He said we can get close, but can't match it.

You wont go wrong with getting the best in some cases, this being one of them.

I personally have no experience with the other Zeiss products listed herein.

That's a cool story but i don't know of a single company thag has American made glass in their Binos.

I agree with Swivelhead. Zeiss glass is better but the ergonomics is smoother for Swarovski, primarily on the wheel to focus.

A great way to compare glass, find a neighbors palm tree fronds (spelling?) , on one of those 60 footers, about 1/2 mile away, and you'll see which glass is sharper.

The answer will away be Swarovski's.

Some people will tell you that they "can't see the difference" they are lieing to them selves.

^^^^^Truth^^^^^

• Like 1

Another for the Swaros... I have plenty of friends that say their binos are comparable to Swarovski... that is until I spot a deer 30 min after shooting light and hand them my binos after they can't see it... difference maker.....