Sign in to follow this  
azracer11

Looking for hunting/glassing mentor

I am fairly new to archery and have recently been introduced to the glassing aspect of hunting. I have a nice pair of 15's and am looking to go out with somebody and get some pointers. I am seeing a couple deer here and there but I know if I knew where and how to glass I could do much better. If anyone that could help me out and maybe I could tag along and be an extra set of eyes for the day that would be awesome! I am just a looking to learn as much as I can. If you can help me out send me a dm and hopefully we can work something out! Thank you

if you are hot and need shade then you glass for animals on the shady slopes, if you are cold and need the sun then glass for animals on sunny slopes, same deal for wind, if it has teeth and you want to hide from it so do the animals, which means you are stuck in it glassing the slopes out of the wind. Get as much elevation as you can and have something to sit on. The more time you spend behind the glass the better you will get with them.

• Like 2

Awesome information. Anyone else? I am mainly in unit 21 so if anyone is in the Phoenix area and wants a glassing partner for te day it would be awesome. Thanks for the help azslim

I'm no expert, but I would be willing to show you a few things. Give me a call.

Adam

928 595 1554

• Like 1

I have been fortunate to have been to seminars by John Doyle and Duane Adams. This site has a book by Duane Adams buy it. Glassing is a skill that you have to practice to get better at. You can practice at home before the season. Patience and the ability to see a little piece of the deer will help.