latigo11

Goofy Desert Muledeer Down

I took this buck after watching him for 2 hours waiting for him to get in the right position for a stock. Every time we had him where we wanted him, something would happen. His doe would get up and move so he would, other deer would come out of the draw and he would get up to check them out, and even a heard of pigs ran right by him. It seamed as though I was never going to get my chance at this buck. Then he beaded and I said what the heck, it's now or never. After a 45min stalk, closing the distance from 300 yards to 60 I arrowed him. He was quartering to me and I tucked the arrow on the inside of his shoulder and the broad head lodged in the opposite shoulder.

We gave him about 30min and then headed over to find my arrow. All but 8 inches of my arrow was on the ground covered in blood and the rest was still in the buck. We found good blood right away and as we topped over the ridge I spotted him walking up the other side. Well... he was more dragging himself up the other side. He would go about 20 yards and fall over. Then he would get back up and do it all over again. After watching him do this 5 or 6 times I decided to just get up there and put another one in him. After putting another arrow in him he got up and ran 20 yards and piled up.

Best part about this trip is, on the way back to town we spotted another buck on the side of the road and my buddy got out and made a beautiful 63 yard shot and let the air out of him. He went 30 yards and was done.

What a great day. We had seeing 15 bucks, 50+ does and filled 2 tags. It's a day I will remember forever.

post-11166-0-23868400-1451324018_thumb.jpg

post-11166-0-84588600-1451324027.jpg

• Like 7

Nice job dude. Thats in impressive buck. congrats

Great job man!