Sign in to follow this  
Whitesheep

20B Advice

Drawn with three buddies for 20B and am looking for a good spot to park a 23' travel trailer. My trailer is only suited to graded gravel roads so nothing way back in. We don't mind being with another group, especially if they are CWT members, and would appreciate suggestions on where to set up. Not looking to encroach on anyone. We don't run quads, run a generator at night (if at all) or stay up late with loud music. Just a group of four middle aged guys that don't take Javalina too seriously, but appreciate spending time in the desert and having a drink around the campfire after a day's hunt.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

If it where me I would setup camp somewhere along the bumble bee road turnoff and work south of that road near cleator. Or that is at least where I would start looking for scouting purposes.

I have not hunted 20B but I have hunted the north side of that road before in 20A which is where I usually try and draw a tag for javo.

Bumble bee would be good, as you drive north on the dirt there is quite a few spots on the left before the ranch, lake pleasant side you can take castle hot springs to cow creek road and hang a right onto cow creek. The off road vehicle staging area is huge and flat. Lots of people camp there. Good luck

• Like 1

we pulled a pig out of there just before the western end of the hot springs loop. We got the one, but couldn't find them again.

Thank you all. Wasn't thinking about coming in from the East off 17, but that sounds good. Scouting planned to happen in a couple of weeks.

Keep in mind that the area area between i 17 and bumble bee is also a popular gold panning, offroading, and horse back riding area. I would push past that area more toward cleat or and the West side of that big valley. I would also be inclined to look south of that big wash. You can access so.e of that off dirt roads not far off the I 17.

If you see anything and feel like sharing I have a good buddy who is planning to hunt 20b for ham Hunt with his disabled father. He is always looking for places to check out

Lots of bird hunters out there last weekend.

any luck for you? did you get back out there?

Didnt see many out there last Saturday.. Like I said there were quite a few bird hunters so I'm not sure if that kept them away this time because the bird hunters were blasting away.. Saw a 2x2 buck out there though.