Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Don Martin

Sheep hunt success in Northwest Arizona!

Excuse me for not knowing, but what name is yours? Also be groovy to hear your opinions on the HB.

I still can't believe they tried it. Without even telling the azgfd. With the posse method of hunting on these auction hunts, the amount of conflict during the seasons would've led to bloodshed I'm thinking. not to mention the stress on the animals. Can't believe cap'n don (wonder if he says, ARRRRR) had the nerve to post anything with that clown in it. Good it's done tho to refresh folks on what almost happened. Lark

My name is Nick Heatwole. I was one of the six "regular joes", there were also six guys with deep pockets that made up the Board. My opinion at the time was the bill stunk to high heaven and was a slap in the face to sportsman. As I said before though I was no longer on that Board and had no prior knowledge of this whatsoever. Personally I think 3 tags going to auction or raffle is almost too many, never mind dozens. I drew a sheep and an antelope tag in 2010 and didn't really have a whole lot to do with them after that since I'd rather actually hunt than piss and moan about all the issues. Been that way ever since.

• Like 1

Thank you for your input. If you and at least one other guy shouldn't be on the sh!t list, wonder who is getting a pass? I'd hate to see somebody miss a perfect opportunity to be justifiably drug through the mud. 2072 was nothing but a way for rich guys to get all the tags they want. At the expense of the Joe hunters losing even more opportunity. As it is, you can legally take only one of each big game species per year in Az. 2072 would have allowed rich guys to buy all the tags they want and fill every one of them. Think about that a bit, not even thinking about the hoggish mentality involved. With the posse method of hunting that is used on auction hunts, can you imagine what it would do to the woods? As I recall, these auction tag hunts would still be during the general seasons. Think of what kinda crap would happen with the woods being flooded with toadys trying to get their bosses in on the biggest animals? It would o' ended up a gunfight. Anyway, I'm glad these photos were posted and even gladder that the scab got ripped off this old wound. Folks need to remember it because they'll try it again. I wouldn't doubt that the reason they were posted was to poke a finger into the eye of the guys that stopped 2072. ARRRRRRR!! Lark

• Like 1

Your name has been removed Nick. Thank you for your input and for siding with sportsman.

• Like 2

Greed runs deep and unfortunately it starts at the top of the food chain. The highest officials are always the worse. Money lining pockets so others can get whatever they want to take. Always at the expensive of the average joe.

Thanks Lark for keeping us all informed.

• Like 1

This post should be renamed by AverageJoe and Lark and be PINNED for all of eternity.

there were a lot of members whom stood tall during the "TAG STEALING BILL"

just say hope we never forget 2072

and thank the watch dogs whom keep an eye on legislation that gets sponsored

both local and national!

To Lark (whoever he is, and to 270 and AZkiller) I will say this. Who are YOU guys? Don't hide behind some computer keyboard, let's have your names. You sure are tough talkers when hiding behind that keyboard and talking trash. You sure as heck have mine and my phone number. Be big enough to tell me who you are.Call me if you want and let's discuss this. I sure have nothing to hide, do YOU?

Jerry Weiers is my FRIEND! I'm not going to defend him or engage with you in some kind of long winded discussion about what happened in the past. And just for the record, I didn't support that bill and Jerry knew it from the start. And just because you don't agree with a friend, do you turn your back on him? I don't, but maybe you do...

How about all the good things he did for the Arizona sportsman as a legislator? You probably forgot about all of that.

But anyway this post isn't about any of that. It was about the magnificent ram that Jerry took on his hunt. Don't like it, too bad and please feel free to move on. It doesn't bother me one bit!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

928-303-9481

It doesn't bother me one bit!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

928-303-9481

Doesn't bother you? your post clearly shows it does. Of course he is your friend. 2072 was a bill that would have lined a lot of outfitter's pockets, including your's Cap'n.

• Like 2

ARRRRRR! The cap'n has speaked. Shiver me timbers. My name is Lark Hubbard. Anybody in eastern Az that hunts knows me. And knows where I live. Ax around. If weiers is your friend I feel sorry for you. That rat did his best to toropedo every non millionaire outdoorsmen in Az and every nonresident that tries to hunt Az. All on his way out because he couldn't run for reelection. All for $6100. That's all I know about him and all I want to know about him. That's enough. As far as turning a back on a friend? Hel l yes, if they cross the line. This guy pole vaulted across it and folks need to remember what he tried to do, forever. And never forgive him for what he did. Later, boot licker. Lark Hubbard.

• Like 2

Lol! I'm Dave Hallof and almost no one in north Peoria know who I am. I speak my mind online and in person the same those who know me know this as well. Have fun ripping off ppl on your "guided" striper trips this spring. P.S. Is Jerry going to the Super Bowl this year?

Oh man, I forgot about that whiner jerry baby cryin' like kindergartener because he didn't get any free gratis super bowl tickets. You think he wears a diaper?

Killer, why's he just after me and you when there's gotta be at least 100,000 sportsmen that hate weiers guts? Does he really think it's just us? He didn't even include Joe. Oh well, all I gotta say is ARRRRR! Go swab the poop deck. Commodore Lark Hubbard.

• Like 3

Yea Dave and Larkspur, and you other "no namers" that think you know so much. You boys really are pieces of work. I gave you my address and phone numbers.. come out from hiding behind your computers and give me yours?

Yea, I sure to "rip people off" on the guided fishing trips, don't I ? Let's see I donate trips to the following groups; ABA, RMEF ( 3 chapters), ADA, AES, AAF, APC, MSC, ADBSS, and there is more. Just goes to show how IGNORANT you really are!

Come on give me a number and I'll give you a call and we can talk about this.

Say what you want about Mr. Weiers, but nothing you "limited entry" folks can say or do will change my mind about him as my friend.

Don Martin

928-303-9481

poor capn don. Nobody will call him so he can record it and then use it to say he was threatened. I'd call ya donny but I hafta ride a horse about a half mile to get service. Some of us ain't city boys. Besides its snowing today. I'd rather look for a lion track than talk to you. Or have the flu or cancer. But the main reason is I wouldn't waste time on a bootlicker who thinks that Az's own big game tag nazi is his best friend. You oughta look for different friends. weiers tried to screw every non millionaire sportsmen there is for $6100. Period. And you're ok with it. You comin' around here whining like a punk about how dedicated you are to your friends is sickening. Nobody cares. You ain't a tough guy. You dont scare anyone or have the respect of anyone that matters. Go tell jerrybaby how mean you were and how everyone is scared of you now because you told em how bad you are. I think I'll shoe a mule today. They're half jackass by birth, not by choice, like you are. ARRRRR! Commodore Lark Hubbard, Sheep wash navy.