standman

Crested Saguaro

While rifle coues hunting today I came across this crested saguaro cactus. Pretty neat.

Brian

post-102-0-49450700-1451599590_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Brian, no Coues out there, only Goulds.................BOB!

Dude, what's the status on the bedded buck?

I see them all the time on the rez.

Hour and a half later had a group of cows come down the ridge he was on and run right through the middle of him and he ran out of the country. Made me sick. That's the way my hunting season has gone all year. So that was my last chance, season done for me.

Brian

If I had it to do on all over again, I would have moved to a closer point that was 137 yards from the buck. I would have been able to see him and shoot him in his bed. Checked it out after he spooked. But being by myself I was afraid to lose sight of where he was especially when I was in range and just needed him to get up and take a few steps. Always can second guess yourself.

Brian

There is a crested saguaro on the 288 near Cherry Creek Road. Just noticed it 2 weeks ago after driving by it about 100 times over the last 35 years.......

They are the nontypicals of the saguaros. I've seen several over the years. Seen a few barrel cactuseses' over the years with the same malady. Lark

• Like 1

Here is one I found in 20B. Not truly "crested" but there was one very close by. You can see it in the background. This is the coolest non-typical saguaro I have ever seen.

post-4523-0-98073800-1456265435_thumb.jpgpost-4523-0-63303800-1456265449_thumb.jpg

• Like 4