Sign in to follow this  
HUNTnTAT2

RUT REPORT 2016

22 is hoping, tungs dragging and we#ners sticking straight out....

20c was what I would call peak rut yesterday. I watched a very large buck with about 10 does mount 2 of them while pushing them around and running off 3 other smaller bucks

We were at 20C on Saturday on top of the mountain. Seen 3 doe and a tall 2x2 that my buddy took out. It was one of the coolest hunts i have been on. Dont want to take his thunder but I can say jaymzth007 got it done. We didnt see any rut going on in 17B we seen about 8 plus doe with no bucks. Had a blast on this hunt.

We were at 20C on Saturday on top of the mountain. Seen 3 doe and a tall 2x2 that my buddy took out. It was one of the coolest hunts i have been on. Dont want to take his thunder but I can say jaymzth007 got it done. We didnt see any rut going on in 17B we seen about 8 plus doe with no bucks. Had a blast on this hunt.

Lol. I had a blast too. I'm typing up the story now.

Let see some pics! Heading up to 17b tomorrow morning. Will fill you guys in with my rut report. 20c has been hopping though.

whats the word mocking bird? How did you do out in 17B hope better then us.

It was good. Got on a few bucks. Was trying to get my buddy his first buck. Super hard to get in effective range with 30+ pairs of eyes and ears to protect the big guy.

How is the rut going for everybody up to this point. Im seeing days where it is hot and for a few days it slows down.

Going to try and get out this weekend, any info on how the rut is going in the central units like 21&22?

22 is hoping, tungs dragging and we#ners sticking straight out....

Couldnt have said it funnier myself!

Big boys have generally left does since last Friday down south. You can still kill bucks up to 150 or so possibly with does but the 7-10 day period of the big dudes is done down south.

This is generally speaking...

Just got back from a week in the 36's. Only saw one decent MD buck chasing does, and that was this morning. Talking with everyone that I met down there, seems like there were a few others doing the same but most everyone was either not finding the big boys or finding them all alone or with other bucks.

Just got back from a week in the 36's. Only saw one decent MD buck chasing does, and that was this morning. Talking with everyone that I met down there, seems like there were a few others doing the same but most everyone was either not finding the big boys or finding them all alone or with other bucks.

Yup. That's about right. I'm out there daily since about Dec. 25th...

Last week had big guy with does. Was out the past two days saw tons of does with dinks trailing. It is definitely winding down. At least where I am. Was rather warm as well