Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Is anyone familiar with how to sign someone up for Medicaid?

My 87 year old Mom just had neck surgery then a week late had a heart attack and is in Banner University.

She has Cigna but it just doesn't cover all the expenses like the daily hospital copay. She just lives on my Dads SS of about $1K a month. We asked at the hospital and the Social Worker said she didn't do that but she would send someone up to talk to us, basically lead us by the hand through it. This went on a couple of times a day and nothing came of it because nobody ever showed up.

Well I went to the info desk in their lobby and was told it was handled by the people in Patient Admitting. Went there and was told to go online to AHCCS. Went there and came up with a big goose egg. Anyone else been through this process and care to offer any info? I sure would appreciate it, been spending 12hrs a day down there and honestly it is beginning to wear on me. The Medicaid.Gov site is a maze.

She's on Medicare part D already correct? I haven't had to actually walk through someone doing it but here's a few links that might help out

http://www.azahcccs.gov/applicants/categories/elderly.aspx

http://www.azahcccs.gov/applicants/categories/medicare.aspx

But to be completely honest, it kinda is the social worker's job to help with this situation. If you keep running into brick walls every hospital usually has a patient advocate or something similar to act on behalf of the patient to help get what the patient needs. Best wishes to your mother, hope she doing better.

From what I've seen she isn't elegible. The max gross monthly income is $981.00 and she gets $1003.00 a month from Social Security. So she gets $22 a month too much.

On a more promising note, my nurse sister who lives near Orlando is going to take a Leavery of absence from work and we are going to use a medical transport company and send her to live with my sister. It is a 36 hour drive and my other sister who is a cardiologist Nurse Practitioner will ride along. We will finalize the date tomorrow.

Sorry to say that she loss some ground overnight and has been comotose since early this morning so we are transferring her to hospice sometime this afternoon.