Sign in to follow this  
Jawa512

Happening in Oregon but Issue is Alive and Well Here in S. AZ

I guess i don't understand what wagon you're talking about. I don't think I've taken a side in the Oregon deal. Sounds to me like these got caught breaking the law. There are some other circumstances involved, but as far the fire, it sounds like that's cut and dried.

Str8, where are these hundreds of thousands of acres of public land that are locked up?

And again, private land is just that, private. Compared to other states, Az is much more open. We are real lucky here. Ever hunt Colorado or new mex? Lark

Not saying that it is as bad as some states .... The hundreds of thousands I am talking about are places in 32 in 33 that I used to hunt with my grandpa who hunted there with his dad ... But if you want to talk state G&F has it at 6.1 % of of public land ( 4.5 Million acres ) is land locked ... http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/landowner_access.shtml

Unfortunately there has been No traction with the Hunt Act that was introduced in 2013 that would be a big step in giving hunters access back especially in in states like New Mexico and Colorado ...

Guest wdenike
The Oregon deal has nothing to do with the original crime. The FACT is the government is sending them to prison AGAIN for a crime they already served a sentence for. Doesnt anyone understand how against the constitution that is??? You cannot be tried and sentenced twice for the same crime. That is the reason for the standoff. Just too bad the Hammonds are gonna bend over and take it rather than stand up for what is right.[/quo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And we as people better pay attention to how the government manipulates, and redefines the word TERRORIST. As you or I may be the next one. Funny Fort Hood, beheadings on U.S. Soil, San Bernardino ect. ect. Require much discussion to come to a conclusion. But a everyday working ranch family TERRORIST????? Don't pass the smell test to me. And if ya don't believe there is a connection with a lot of this bull chit to Agenda 21. You probably aren't doing your homework.

Take care, Willie

• Like 4

Guest wdenike

They are doing the extra time. Buy the gooberment redefining their crime as domestic terrorist. Watch out!!!!!

Take care, Willie

I have a pretty good understanding of the constitution I just don't think this is the issues I'm going use to rise up against the federal govt for.

• Like 1

I agree that public land that is land locked should be off limits to hunting for anyone until access is arranged for all.

I don't know of one public acre in 32 that I can't hunt if I want to. Not real familiar with 33. Usually when folks whine about locked gates it's because they're too lazy to walk a little. This thread is gonna go off in some stupid directions. Lark

• Like 1

I don't know of one public acre in 32 that I can't hunt if I want to. Not real familiar with 33. Usually when folks whine about locked gates it's because they're too lazy to walk a little. This thread is gonna go off in some stupid directions. Lark

why can't I like a post twice?

????? It's a mystery.

Sounds like the hammonds have run headlong into the blm and usfw at their worst. I'd rather be dead than work for them. The circus has fewer clowns. Can't imagine why anyone would for them. Still don't know what it has to do with locked gates in Az. Lark

????? It's a mystery.

Sounds like the hammonds have run headlong into the blm and usfw at their worst. I'd rather be dead than work for them. The circus has fewer clowns. Can't imagine why anyone would for them. Still don't know what it has to do with locked gates in Az. Lark

Lark. To me it seems that two entities keep bumping heads, the federal government and individual rights. In AZ the battle has meant cattle ranchers going out of business, prison time, locking of gates. In Nevada, it led to an armed standoff. In Oregon, well to be continued. I just continue to be amazed at how these situations keep escalating and how the Feds keep handling these things.

One difference is that anything bad that ever happened to the klumps was 100% deserved and 1000% to little. The bundys and the hammonds seem to be fighting worthy causes. Lark

Getting back to AZ and the issue that flared here and now just simmers in the background. A lot of the public land I have experience with both in Cochise County and closer to Tucson that have access issues has a common denominator. Outside of wilderness areas, all of this land has access networks, it is just that access was shut off to all but some. Federal land managers don't really seem to have to deal with the issue because they have a key to the gate and are allowed access. I wonder what would happen if the land owners told all the public land management agencies, ACCESS DENIED. These guys have to get to that land to do their job but are now faced with what everyone else has to deal with. I imagine some of these access issues might get worked out.

• Like 1

they started a fire on their ground to burn out an invasive species, it got away and burned up some BLM land. They put it out without help from the Govt, the Govt even admitted that the fire improved the habitat. Still off to prison they go, the lawyer fees have about bankrupted them, which is what BLM wants so they have to sell their deeded ground and the Govt can buy it.

This has been happening all over the west to ranching families, taken down one at a time and some Govt entity gets their ground, BLM, FS, USFWS, whatever one happens to butt up to the border. Many were put out of business by the wolf deal, keep cutting back grazing allotments to reduce chances of wolves killing livestock to the point they can't raise enough cows to live on and have to sell out.

And hunters are getting the short end of the deal too, look at the Travel Mgmt Plans going into place. And if you think it's bad now, wait 10 years.

• Like 1

Ranchers get away with alot. The people in Oregon are giving the armed community a bad name. Especially with the government already looking for a reason to create new gun control laws. Oath Keepers issued a statement today dissasociating themselves and advising members not to become involved.

• Like 1