Sign in to follow this  

Rain

anyone here have any good insight into the long range forecast for Az this winter? I hear about El Niño, but haven't read much about it this year. This is a great little storm we are having. I see the desert greening up real well. If we get a couple more, this could be a heck of a spring. Be a great year for poppies and other flowers. Hopefully there'll be enough snow to fill the lakes and regenerate springs and wells. Maybe we will have a decent quail hatch this year. We had a little over 26" in 2015 at the Rancho Neglecto. Only 19 in 2014. Hopefully even more this year. Anyway, this rain is really great. Lark

• Like 2

the initial forecast was for the wettest winter since 2005 and maybe in the last 50 years ( surpassing the 97-98 El nino ) ... the totals so far are above average around most of the state.... should be another great year for the animals and hopefully we can see the lakes fill up ... Roosevelt is already taking in more water from both Salt and Tonto then it has in a long time...

Oh boy. That is great news. I've intentionally quit shooting quail because of the dry spring weather and few birds. I think I'll buy a new shotgun to celebrate if this rain holds up. Quail, biscuits and gravy, I can't wait. Lark

• Like 3

We did the same thing with our quail spot, we saw the number plummet and quit hunting quail. Hoping all this rain will bring the number back like they were when i was a kid.

Maybe it'll be one o' them 3 or 4 hatch springs. Hope so. Pray for rain boys. Lark. I mean Commodore Lark Hubbard

• Like 1

Maybe it'll be one o' them 3 or 4 hatch springs. Hope so. Pray for rain boys. Lark. I mean Commodore Lark Hubbard

Did you not see 3 - 4 hatches this last spring .... Down on the foothills of the Supers we seen a lot of paired up birds with 3- 4 hatches running with them ...

3rd SNOW of the year here at my house today so is kind of hard to think of rain right now.

Oh boy. That is great news. I've intentionally quit shooting quail because of the dry spring weather and few birds. I think I'll buy a new shotgun to celebrate if this rain holds up. Quail, biscuits and gravy, I can't wait. Lark

I hadn't hunted quail for 7 years prior to this one. Just felt bad for them really. Saw the population triple around here last summer with 3 good hatches and not many eatin. I've felt ok hunting them the past few months.