Sign in to follow this  
AZ_SAWBUCK

BROADHEADS

Who the heck makes an adjustment because they're off by 1"?

At what distance?

The op was about a broad head the was hitting 1 foot low

If a bow is properly tuned and timed and rest is set at actual center shot and timed the next thing to affect broadheads is either spine or grip. Some bows shoot different broadheads better than others just like guns like certain rounds vs others. In my limited experience of the thousands of bows I've tuned and hunters I've helped set up I have yet to see a properly tuned bow and rest set up with the proper spine arrow not shoot a broadhead well. But taking the bow out of center to make it shoot "correctly" makes little to no sense. You can if absolutely necessary tune it through the yolk or the grip unless there's a medical condition that the can't hold a bow properly.

No doubt and I am not questioning your "limited experience" But I think you would agree, his bow is NOT properly tuned if field tips and broadheads are not hitting in the same place. Part of tuning, as again you know, is making sure the rest is launching both a field tip and a broadhead in the exact same direction. Clearly it is not. There is a lot of leeway in a field tip. If his bows timing is correct, I would move the rest. Again this is recommended by G5. I am quite certain they have quite a bit more "limited experience" than you and I together. By moving the site, the broadheads will hit bullseye but the field points will not. Again, that is not a properly tuned now.

• Like 1

Who the heck makes an adjustment because they're off by 1"?

At what distance?

The op was about a broad head the was hitting 1 foot low

I thought he said 1 foot too. Then I thought I saw someone talking about an inch. An inch with a bow, idk can you even tell if you're shooting off by an inch?

One foot was how far off it was at 50 yards. So I readjusted my sights back to where the field tips were hitting the bulls eye, then bought some 100 grain Slick Tricks and shot them out to 60 yards. They were matching point of impact with the field tips.

Thanks for all the input and I'm not going to discount suggestions that I might have a little buck fever.............hopefully my next trip out I will have better luck.

I shoot the DRT broadheads the fixed two blades with the little bleeder blades, the deer i shot yesterday his lungs were literally cut in half. clean pass through on both shots one caught the bottom of his heart the other was in his lungs

Well I have to step in give the 100 gr, 4 blade muzzy a big thumbs up. I won't shoot anything else at a deer or larger. Not saying they are the best but when you are confident that your arrows are going where you want, at least for me, it's a huge confident boost and one less thing to worry about at the time I let it fly.

I have my field points, broadheads and even swhackers shooting the same. (Swhackers are for pigs) I paper tune 1st, walk back tune 2nd, and then tune the broadheads. And without starting another distance/ethical thread, I am happy out to 100.. And I thought I saw a 1" @ 100 yard comment as well. If that's really an issue, I certainly have nothing to offer here..

Gravediggers! Field point accuracy and total decimation!

amen to that! GraveDiggers all day!

post-14400-0-91382700-1461695835_thumb.jpg