I'm pretty late in posting this as I've just had a lot going on since this hunt but wanted to share it with you all.

Back in October Chef, my cousin John, and myself headed over to West Texas to chase Aoudad. We had some pretty rough weather to start things out but it turned out to be a great trip. Chef and I took our biggest rams so far and John took another big ram. For those of you waiting to draw that elusive big horn tag I highly recommend chasing Barbary Sheep to scratch the itch. Be careful though as it is definitely addicting.

post-216-0-18598700-1452402525_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-14287900-1452402715_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-62283700-1452402774_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-36377200-1452402820_thumb.jpg

Another video I put together.

https://vimeo.com/151197634

• Like 12

Great job congrats on the rams is this a draw hunt over the counter hunt

• Like 2

Man, what a fun hunt this was!

Always great to get out with you guys.

Between the laughs and the success, a lot of hard work and perseverance.

Happy to have tagged my biggest to date, especially getting the shot on video.

Can't say enough about the potential in seeing monster rams.

This was my second time hunting them, and they truly encompass everything a sheep hunt entails.

Being in good physical condition, being able to score rams, having the ability to shoot longer distances, being able to succumb and surpass the mental and physical anguish that can come with them, it's all there!

Thanks for getting this up Phil, always nice to relive our hunts.

Here's to next time!

For everyone interested in the hunt specifics, I'm certain Phil will chime in shortly.

He did a phenomenal job on the logistics for us.

• Like 2

loved the video. looks like great times with good friends...

Was that a freezer in the back of the truck?

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys and I'll try and answer the questions asked so far. I've sent this in a few PM's but I'll put it up here as well. I've been going through Mike McKinny with West Texas Hunt Organization. His contact information is below. He is really good about getting back to you but keep in mind he's in the field a lot and not very good service out there. I've booked three different hunts with him over the last couple years and I have two more coming this spring and he is absolutely great to work with, anyone thinking about this type of hunt should get in touch with him. As far as hunting them with a bow it would be doable but there are a lot better ranches that would be more suited to hunting them with a bow. There are not actual tags but you need to have an outfitter or landowner that allows you to hunt them and you have to have a license. If you go through an outfitter make sure and check references as there are a lot of questionable ones out there. We paid a little over $2,000 each but for this particular ranch I believe the price is $2,500 for a four day DIY. Mike has all of his prices listed on his website as they vary per ranch and depending upon what type of hunt you'd like to do. Yes that was a freezer, I take it on quite a few hunts to not only keep food/ice but to freeze capes after we get something down. I normally run a generator with lights at night which is enough to keep the freezer good with everything frozen.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask. As I said be warned though as it is very addicting and as Chef said it has all the attributes of any other sheep hunt which is why we love it! Well that and having good friends to share it with helps.

Mike McKinny

(915)328-0645

elpasohunter@gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/westtexashuntingorg/Home

• Like 3

What a great hunt and thanks for sharing your contacts and the experiences you have had with them. Results like this and the good times you have had sure makes it seem doable for the average guy. Really like your videos and your DIY success. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Wow how come I did't see this post before? Awesome hunt and video guys and great post as always!

Ernesto C

• Like 1