Sign in to follow this  
jdown

New Mexico Antelope

Is it difficult to draw in New Mexico? Does anyone have any advice on where to put in or if its even worth it? Any help would be great thanks,

Jacob

I have been trying for eight years with no luck so far. The nice part is it pure luck. No points. I believe 10% goes to non residents and that 10% is broken down to half to those who have a outfitter and half to hunters on their own. A lot of New Mexico tags are in units where you are told what ranch you are to hunt and I believe the ranchers dictate when you can scout and what location you are to hunt on their ranch. I have drawn New Mexico deer tags where I was trying to get one of two tags so it does happen. You just have to try. You also have to pay up front the whole amount for the tag and license before the draw.

Good luck,

Brent

Try colorado and Wyoming. Fairly easy to get drawn. Wyoming has a lot of public land. Colorado not so much but it isn't too hard to find a place to hunt for a couple hunnerd $. Lark

• Like 1

You do get a refund. You must request a refund for the license if not drawn. Don't forget to check that box. Unless you want a New Mexico hunting license. Great thing is I have never had any problems with the New Mexico draw system. Not one.

Brent

From what I understand they assign you a ranch and there could be no antelope on it. You have 24 hrs to request a new ranch if that happens. I could be wrong but that's just what I have heard.

It all depends on where you put in and weapon choice. Some hunts you are assigned to a ranch and some you are assigned to a unit and have to get permission to a ranch or hunt public land. I would say the majority of antelope are on private land here.