Explorer

What was your first hunting rifle?

Winchester model 67A boys rifle I bought used for $15.00, 22 caliber. Bought my first shotgun from JC Penny in Safford when I was 14. Ithica side by side 12 gauge. I used one of my Dad's rifles until I bought my own for deer hunting. 6.5x55 Swede built on a Mauser. Still have all of them.

First deer rifle was my rem 700 adl 243win of course! And yes we still use it! Son shot his 1st deer with it also along with 1 of his friends and few of mine have used for pigs. I love it

An old Mossberg model 800A in .308, now it's getting an overhaul, going to be a 6.5 Creedmoor soon!

Remington pump action 22. My Grandfathers 07 Winchester .351 for deer. Using it my upcoming pig hunt.

mine was a pre 64 Winchester 30-30 that I shot my first coues buck with and then put it in the safe where it has been ever since my dad gave me my old reliable model 70 .270 win.

Remington .22 pump which I traded in early 60's +$ for a (new) Remington 550 semi auto .22 which I still have. First big game rifle was a Marlin lever action 30-30. I lent this gun to a "friend" who got it wet and left it in a closet where it rusted up. He took it to a "gunsmith" and I never saw the gun again. I had already moved up to a Ruger model 77 in 7 Rem Mag and still shoot this gun at larger game. I won a Tika stainless in .270 Winchester which I have shot a lot but haven't hunted with it yet. I do have a 23 javalina tag so it will get it's first chance in the field this spring.

My grandfather bought me Remington 700 adl in 3006 and gave me a used winchester 69. I still have the winchester and it is a tack driver. I sold the 3006 when times were tough. I don't regret it as I really never bonded with that gun and I bought my 257 weatherby when. I got flush again. I shot my first elk with that rifle this season.

Harley

First small game hunting rifle--Remington Nylon 66 in .22LR

First big game rifle that was mine--Winchester Model 70 in .270 Win

First shotgun-- Plain Jane Mossberg pump in 12 ga.

First small game rifle was a single shot Ithaca .22

First shotgun was a Mossberg bolt action .410

First big game rifle was a Marlin saddle carbine 30/30.

Only difference between me and 4falls is I had a marlin bolt .22. The rest are the same.

My grandpa gave me his husquevarna 30-06. He is in his 90's now and still doing well. Killed my first two elk and first deer with it as a kid. My dad gave me an old single shot 20g that we hunted birds with. Then for my 16th Bday he got me a new rem870 12g. Best Bday present I could have ever expected. Still have all of them in the gun cabinet.