Slayer

Lifetime Liscence/ Draw for Non-Residents

Can anyone confirm from thier experience that Non- Residents with a lifetime liscence can draw tags just as the residents do (not limited to the 10% cap)? I see in the regs where it says this, that they are not limited as a non-resident be, but would like to know this is true and how G&F keeps track of the lifetime liscence holders during the draw process. Thanks for info!! Good luck everyone in the draw!!

So, If you are a resident at time of purchase, and do purchase a lifetime license, you will be in the resident draw pool. You still need to pay the non-resident fees when applying for tags, but you will not have the 10% cap like non-residents do. It is a no brainer if you plan on moving out of our state.

• Like 1

I had this exact question. I emailed game and fish becuase I wasn't sure whether to check resident or non. She told me to check non resident and that the computer sorted me into the resident pool based on the fact that the first two letters of a lifetime license are LH. I did in fact draw a tag that I could/should not have gotten as a NR so it seems to work.

• Like 1

Yes and do it if you are planning on moving out of state. It will pay for itself in a few years because other wise you would have to buy a non refundable nr license every year. First thing I did when we made the decision to move was to buy my wife and I lifetime licenses.