Sign in to follow this  
daverp

Boquillas new rules / permit structure out

If you do have the e-mails, and depending on what Mr. Murphy's authority is, you have breech of contract, both verbal and written. If you have what you say you have, you need a lawyer talking for you. One letter may be the grease to get the wheels moving.

trust me, it is very clear in his emails that what i stated is exactly what is written. i am not a litigious person and have a hard time using attorneys to sort out my passion of hunting. that's just not why i bought this tag, or any tag for that matter. it is very disturbing to me, as the issue being discussed here will affect far and wide most sportsmen choosing to hunt in GMU 10 in the forseeable future and it's important to me to let them know what they are up against. only with the majorities voice will they have an outcome acceptable for future generations.

The whole reason we are able to hunt is through court litigation. The precedent of states setting hunting regulations, for animals in their state, has been set all the way up to the USSC. So now that you have a chance to set precedent for all future hunters, you don't want to. The only ones that can litigate a case are injured parties, the vast majority has not been injured so we can't speak up. If I really wanted to hunt someplace and been double crossed like this, my passion would have me fighting tooth and nail with everything in my arsenal. Then again that is just me and my passion for hunting. I would think the thought of litigation and negative PR would help with some persuasion to get what was promised to me. You don't want to so that is fine.

Guest 300ultramag.

wish they would stream line everything. They are complicating the heck out of this hunting stuff for them gold coins. It's about hunter retention. Hard to say it's for the better of wildlife when the general overtones speak nothing but dollars and cents.

• Like 1

this is guide drama at its best or worst. Shane buys a state wide tag and is told he can hunt the big bo. Shane has a3 doing the scouting and looking for the buck, the buck they want doesn't turn up when Shane can come to town. . Epo runs the big bo. ( make no mistake about epo running the ranch) epo gets the next years tag and shuts out A3. I feel bad for you Shane and appreciate your purchase. Maybe they will let you hunt it without guides?

elk, not really the case. but good spin on situation. if you hunt unit 10, you will get the point that this is about issues affecting all sportsmen. my tag, is just a prime example of what they are willing to do with the big bo and blocking the public access for ever.. it's a sad deal. if you have been there, it is a playground for thousands of hunters... they will say one thing, and do another. they will lie, as depicted in lee murphys email, they will cheat... this doesn't affect me as much as it affects those who have been stomping unit 10 for years. i can kill a goat anywhere in the state and there are many places to do it. sparky has this one right. i have brought this to light so peole can get prime examples of the length the big bo and those behind the scenes will go to take away future opportunity that has been enjoyed by thousands of hunters for years... good luck. i will help fight them where i can. i really have no dog in the fight of outfitter issues. i look at this as a sportsman vs. azgfd/big bo/navajo nation issue.

Pretty sure Sdrhunter dropped the mic after posting that email. Pretty hard for the Big bo' to argue any other point. Go find another stud somewhere else. I am sure pronghorn guide service already has a few toads on the watch list.

id be tickled pink if he went and shot a bigger one else where.

I also "heard" from a reliable source that " That Guy Stillatmaxpoints is Lee Murphy's and Craigs buddy . He is the ex manager of the Boquillas . He is not a nice guy and will blacklist a guy off the Boquillas because of his connections! " -

Tried to send a PM but won't go through. So here is my "layman's view" of things. Get the legal advice from an attorney, I am not one but educated layman in the field. The "manager of the ranch" made a point of stating you could hunt the ranch like other hunters in the past. Now when he did this he was "an acting agent" of the ranch and bound the ranch with the e-mails and verbal statements until your tag is no good. You made a decision based on his statements to hunt before the other hunters to have no competition this year when your tag is still good. Now he has gone back on his word, thereby breaching the contract he made verbally and in writing. His actions, as an acting agent for the ranch, caused them to breach the contract also.

He states he is "following orders" from higher up. Do his bosses know this or is he just telling you this? A letter sent from an attorney or notice of suit may make them aware of this fact. If they have no idea what is going on I am sure they would want to make it right.

The only way to set a precedent is to have a ruling from a judge. It is either held up or overturned by the appellate court, and can be taken to the supreme court for the final ruling. Most cases don't go all the way to trial, rather an agreement can be made before it goes that far.

So you need to decide if it is worth fighting the ranch or just go somewhere else.

• Like 1

Whoo no spin intended at all. I don't have a dog in the fight other than being a sportsman. This is an issue that has bothered me for years. The k4 the oro the big chino and many more ranches all have the same issues going on and it's a sad deal through the whole state. Guess my point was that I think it would be naïve to not think your connection with a3 is working against you a bit. Considering if you kill the buck your talking about it will no doubt be marketed for A3 so why would they help the competition? I understand why your twisted about this and from the email it seems you have breach of contract. Good luck and hope you will still be this concerned about the access for the rest of the public if they grant your wishes to hunt when everyone else is kept off.

elk i copy. my real issue with this is those other ranches you listed are private property and have never been hunted. because of the checkerboard nature of the big bo it shouldn't and hasn't been blocked to public access for years. recently they have been going down a road that will be detrimental to those that have or desire to enjoy the couple million acre paradise that the big bo is. speak up folks, this is tragic.

I will never hunt the boscrewus again. They can stick their ranch and their fees up their azz. $80 is four 30 packs I can have in any other unit.

just saying

• Like 2