Sign in to follow this  
Siwash

San Jose Del Cabo Fishing Guides/Charters

Headed to San Jose Del Cabo in late May for 5 days, will fish two full days while I am down there.

Anyone have experience with guides/outfits to book with, or to watch out for?

Most likely I'll charter a 25-30' boat for two one day after billfish, etc, and another by myself in a panga.

I used to take my customers down to Palmas De Cortez in Los Barilles just north of Cabo. Great condos on the beach, great food and good cruisers and captains. I felt it was very reasonable for the quality of fishing and lodging.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, although it's not that far of a cab ride from San Jose Del Cabo to Cabo San Lucas, I'll probably fish out of San Jose. Right now Gordo Banks looks good. I'll post my experience here and if anyone does know of an outfit in San Jose proper please let me know.

I caught a 550-600 pound blue marlin March 12th out of Los Barriles. Definitely try to line up a serious captain, there are plenty down there that will just take you for a boat ride. I wish you luck sir, looking forward to hearing about your trip.

FB_IMG_1458409236159.jpg

• Like 3

We fished with Gordo Banks yesterday out of Puerto Los Cabos. We had several marlin sightings and two takedowns along with this striped marlin. They said it was 180# at the docks. Captain wanted it "para mi familia."

After we got the marlin we fished for school tuna; skipjack and yellowfin. We caught several of each but they were all rats. I did cracker off about a 40# yellowfin which was a bummer, I fought it almost as long as the marlin.

I am headed out tomorrow solo on a panga and hope for wahoo and dorado.

post-2628-0-17706500-1464362359_thumb.jpeg

post-2628-0-99274100-1464362453_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2