Sign in to follow this  
jnobleinaz

Hey Morons, Unit 10 Boquillas is a sham!

I understand the frustration, no doubt. I'm on your guys' side there, regardless if I would ever step foot on the Big Boquillas Ranch. It's not the fee, its not the cap, its the PRINCIPLE! Limiting hunters to such a degree is simply not right when a large portion of that land is State Trust Land that a hunting license grants you access to. Access for hunters should be reasonable. I think most of us can all agree that what they have proposed is not reasonable. If what I typed here is "liberal" or "PC" so be it! I certainly don't see it that way.

• Like 1

Im not sure if anyone noticed but if you draw an archery antelope tag in 10 and decide to pay the $500 and only think 25 guys are going to be on the ranch at the time of the hunt you might be surprised. The archery deer hunt starts at the same time and there is no limit to the hunters they are allowing on the ranch. I have never hunted 10 so I dont know if the antelope hang out where deer do so maybe It doesnt matter.

• Like 2

Private is private, they can do what they want, what ticks me off is this whole checkerboard system that locks me out of "public". I doubt I will ever set foot in unit 10 again, you rich guys can have it.

• Like 1

I just read the Big Boo communist doctrine. How come you prairie dog hunters aren't squawking? Big ranchers are just as bad as big government. Maybe the state land department should count the Elk, Antelope, and prairie dogs as part of the grazing for profit animal fee that they charge. Our school children are getting screwed. State land is for the betterment of our schools not for greedy ranchers.

• Like 1

I don't think people quite grasp what this is. I have never set foot in 10, so no bias here. What is happening is just another step towards AZ issuing land owner tags, and i would guarantee that is what the "Bo" is working towards. If it happens i would guess most other private ranches will follow suit.

as cousin eddy said in Christmas Vacation..... Bingo!
I was saying this when they first started this BS.

IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME before other ranches do the same. Why wouldn't they?

jnobleinaz,

Newsflash....the guy who posts under the handle ".270" is named Lark. Anyone with a 3rd grade reading comprehension level probably could have picked that up by reading all the threads, especially the one where the guy put the name "Lark" under the rest of the stuff he wrote, indicating that is his name! If that wasn't enough the fact that he wrote "maroon" in his post too could have been a hint.

Oh ya, by the way, another guy who probably thought he was smarter than everybody else on here called us morons before, except he called us "maroons" which is an inside joke now I guess. Wouldn't expect you to figure that one out on your own since you can't even figure out who I called Lark, when there is a guy named Lark, who addressed himself as Lark on this very thread.

Now put all that aside and I agree with your points on this topic, however your tact sucks! How about an apology for the people on here who don't deserve to be called names?

Lark is Lark again? Did he get demoted from Commodore?

Hunted big bo 10 last year and really wasn't impressed by what I saw. As far as the fees go I will NEVER give the bo another hard earned dime of my money again. There are a lot of units with just as many quality elk as the big toe has. The can kiss my ars.

1. Big Bo is actually owned by the Navajo Nation (So things could be much worse).

2. The ranch is "private" so they can do whatever they want.

3. We live in the United States of America and money rules.

4. Cattle ranching is an expensive venture with limited profits.

5. Your use of the word "retarded" isn't okay.

I'm not defending either side, this whole situation is clearly bad for us regular "Joe Hunters" but having the facts and trying to see things from both sides usually helps when trying to come to a reasonable conclusion haha.

It just really sucks for everyone. Taking that part of the unit out is a dang shame. Some of the best elk and antelope hunting in the whole country. Not to mention that all the other units are going to get twice as hard to draw now. 6506 guys out in for early rifle bull 2091 for archery bull and 8127 for antelope. once the word gets out those numbers are going to transfer into all the other units. So it's not just unit 10 all the units will be affected eventually. Anyway, good luck to everyone in the upcoming draw.

Without a "CAP".. There would be no urge to hurry up and try to be the first that come.. Simple sales tactics.

If everyone decides to not hunt there (whom I would not blame), it will be just one step closer to the state issuing land owner tags to the BB.

If I draw an early rifle Unit 10 tag this year, I will be trying for one of the limited entry permits. Just saying. I have not hunted elk since 1999, and I want every opportunity I might have if I draw it. But, I will not be putting in for unit 10 again if I don't draw it this year.

• Like 4

With so many units with better elk herds and elk hunting and that aren't covered with checkerboard, why are so many folks so hung up on 10? I've hunted there a couple times with others. Even got some big Bulls. One in the 400 range. But I never saw anything there that'd make me want a tag there. Lark