elkwalker

REWARD OFFERED- TRAIL CAM THIEF IN PIC- REWARD

I have talked to several field officers in unit 27 and 1. Not 1 has had the same answer, most say the same thing they don't worry about the cameras and can not tell you there is any law against them. I have asked to be shown the written law, not just their opinion and none have been able to prove anything. You keep saying read the law why don't you post what you have read as all these post's nobody has posted a statute that makes game cameras illegal on federal forest land or BLM.

• Like 4

Personal property is not to be left on public lands, it is the same as litter. Strange that people feel threatening/intimidating and assault are a fine answer to camera thieft or vandalism.

You do not need a law specifically for cameras, any property left on public land has rules.

My problem here is the chugheads who think they get to used veiled threats of assault, also known as a crime for something left in the woods. You go tell a cop that and see what they say.

Like I said grow up. You can be ticked, you just better realize that you can do anything about it. You set up traps like those shockers or rat traps. You committed a crime. Some hiker or kid steps on a rattrap then what. Some federal forest officer goes to cut the camera off a tree and gets a zap, felony assault of a federal officer. Yea great plan. Seems some of you are worse than the thief. Think before you talk and think more before you act. You know like a mature grownup. Not some knob.

• Like 1

The one thing I've gleaned from this thread is that theres at least 4 or 5 members here that will squabble over anything like a bunch of teenage girls whos periods are all in sync so they're best friends 3 weeks at a time and then all hate each other for 4 to 7 days. Why dont you ladies head over to costco together, pick up a 5 gallon bucket of midol and a pallet of tampons, then grab an iced coffee and talk about your feelings and how all your pants mysteriously shrunk all of a sudden.

• Like 10

Another added to my ignore list. See ya QHunterAZ B)

• Like 1

Go talk to a forest service field officer.

Why would I need to go talk to one when I can read. CAN YOU?

post-13142-0-27558100-1454348225_thumb.png

You ready to admit you are wrong and just a thief if you touch a game camera that doesn't belong to you?

• Like 14

Castle hot springs area is far from any forest service jurisdiction anyhow... I guess reading a map is just as important as reading the dictionary in this case..

• Like 2

Castle hot springs area is far from any forest service jurisdiction anyhow... I guess reading a map is just as important as reading the dictionary in this case..

Some BLM, some STL, some Private Property, some Town of Peoria, some Town of Morristown, some other municipal jurisdictions like Maricopa County and Yavapai County. All of these jurisdictions frown upon theft of property.
  • Like 1

Then pull up the rules and statutes to back your argument. I have pulled up mine so I am not just flapping my gums with a bunch of hot air coming out.

Red Sparky ... There are not SPECIFIC regulations as to game cameras ( plus this is Coconino, each forest can create or change rules if they feel it is needed) ... They do however fall under personal property ( if they did not you could not even use the term theft ) , so under the National Forest Rules can be considered abandoned and or litter. They also can be considered illegal if natural resources were damaged in use and placement, such as cutting live limbs or bolting into live trees.

You can argue semantics and try to create the gray area in the rules, and your logic is not far fetched... but any person leaving anything of value unattended on Public lands should not be surprised if it disappears... especially with the screwed up mentality of many people these days.

I know that all of outdoorsmen and hunters I associate with do not mess with stuff that does not belong to them, and I would expect the majority of the guys and Gals here on this forum would either, but I also know most of them these days do not leave personal property left unattended for any real duration of time because they do not trust or have faith it will not get jacked.

It sucks cams were taken , but it is nothing new and it is something that anyone who uses them should be prepared for.

Q has a very valid point as to leaving little traps on public land as non lethal as they may be... individuals doing this are opening themselves up to a lot worse things than losing a couple cameras.

Dumb...this whole thread is just dumb...i am amazed at the stupidity on both sides of the argument.

And it's only at 5 pages.

Ok i need help identifying the following douche that stole 2 of my trail cameras 1/23/2016 9:33 am right off castle hot springs rd lake pleasant Az.

Its hard to believe that someone would do this but he removed memory card from first camera and broke it into 5 pieces leaving it for me to find.Then he proceeded up the trail to steal both cameras as you can see in the last pic he is holding one of my cams in his right hand. Thank god he didn't see the the third camera.

Reward offered if you can identify this piece of s--t you can claim the reward !!

I WILL NOT REMOVE PICS THIS TIME I'M 100% CERTAIN THIS IS THE GUILTY PERSON

HUNT0030.JPG HUNT0031.JPG HUNT0032.JPG HUNT0035.JPG HUNT0036.JPG

Maybe I missed this in the 5 pages of bs. But why on earth would you gamble putting trail cams out, one in a very popular area. 2 not in some sort of box. Mind you it doesn't mean it's 100% safe. But no boxes?

Red Sparky ... There are not SPECIFIC regulations as to game cameras ( plus this is Coconino, each forest can create or change rules if they feel it is needed) ... They do however fall under personal property ( if they did not you could not even use the term theft ) , so under the National Forest Rules can be considered abandoned and or litter. They also can be considered illegal if natural resources were damaged in use and placement, such as cutting live limbs or bolting into live trees.

You can argue semantics and try to create the gray area in the rules, and your logic is not far fetched... but any person leaving anything of value unattended on Public lands should not be surprised if it disappears... especially with the screwed up mentality of many people these days.

I know that all of outdoorsmen and hunters I associate with do not mess with stuff that does not belong to them, and I would expect the majority of the guys and Gals here on this forum would either, but I also know most of them these days do not leave personal property left unattended for any real duration of time because they do not trust or have faith it will not get jacked.

It sucks cams were taken , but it is nothing new and it is something that anyone who uses them should be prepared for.

Q has a very valid point as to leaving little traps on public land as non lethal as they may be... individuals doing this are opening themselves up to a lot worse things than losing a couple cameras.

All that was pointed out in my arguments. Forest districts can make their own orders, damaging trees, etc. . I am tired of the argument of "it is abandoned property so I can take it without any retribution." Show me the documentation where it is fair game as I have shown the documentation to sustain my side of the argument. What I read in the rules is SEIZED. Rules that LEO's and government personnel enforce, not the general public. You yourself used the term "jacked" meaning stolen.

So my post on the "decoy cameras" points out these thieves may need to think and learn there could be consequences for their actions. My cams, if I even put any out, are only in places where a camera thief would find them so I am not too worried about a hiker, kid, LEO finding them. Other hunters might but I figure they have ethics to leave what doesn't belong to them alone. I understand that and I may or may not do what was posted.

My point is they have to prove they are mine. Maybe I am just out picking up trash in the woods. No I am not stealing them as they are "abandoned personal property". Oh my bad officer I thought I was cleaning up the environment of trash but I can put them back. Law enforcement has to have probable cause to charge you with a crime. You do not have to talk to a law enforcement officer. You have rights under the state and federal constitution and people need to know them. There is a great video on the net about never talk to the police and more need to educate them on why that is a good rule to follow. It is a law professor for the first half and then a detective on the other. The ones that are the most vulnerable are those that did nothing wrong.

So there was a veiled threat of having to talk to the police made by an uneducated person in the way of the law. I also believe they made the comment about "assault on a federal officer" showing their ignorance when it would be battery and not assault. I am not afraid as I know I don't have to talk to the police, nobody does.

I have made my argument so now am done with this thread.