Sign in to follow this  
G_E_E

30b help for youth and first timers

Hey yall, I'll be heading out to 30b in upcoming general hunt. Trying to get my son whose 11 his first big game kill and my dad and brother their first javelina. This will be the first time for us hunting in this unit. Unfortunately because of work I cannot scout. Im thinking of hunting the dragoons. Good spot? Looking for someone that is familiar with this unit who can suggest a good camping/hunting area. Any information will be highly appreciated. Thank you and good luck.

Way back when I lived in Tucson, I used to do the HAM hunt in 30B. I don't remember the exact directions, but we had decent luck finding pigs on the east side of the Mule Mountains in some of those canyons that are on State Trust Land off the High Lonesome Road. I can't remember which roads we took, specifically now, because it was over 10 years ago, but I remember heading west off High Loneseome Road. We'd camp down low and then glass opposite slopes in canyons tucked up in there. If I can think of the exact roads, I'll let you know, but I'm pretty sure I can remember some canyon names. I'll PM you those.

• Like 1

I just saw about 10 of them in a field south of the power plant this morning. Seen some on my deer hunt. I live right off of 191 and deer hunt 30b if you need help i will try my best i have seen them. Pm me if you want