Sign in to follow this  
208muley

Javi taxidermist

So my taxidermist I usually use stopped doing it, so now I need a new one for my sons first piggy he just took on the jr hunt. Who do you guys recommend? Could you post some pics of some mounts you guys have?

I would prefer someone in the valley just for convenience.

Thanks in advance.

post-754-0-06450700-1454964575_thumb.jpg

I couldn't be happier, I think Bret did a flawless job on mine. Every time I walk by, I feel like I need to put another arrow in it!

I'll second Bret Prentice, or 3/4th haha whatever post I am

• Like 2

I will send another vote for Bret. He has mounted an Antelope for me and countless skulls. Guy is a class act and a genuine nice guy to deal with.

Gotcoues- I would hate to have a mount that looked that real. I know my friends or I, sooner or later, would try an arrow it after a long day of soda drinking. Closed mouth all the way on Javelina, the open mouth mounts remind me too much of Texas hog hunts.

• Like 1

#1 pic is Eric w/lasting impressions taxi

#2 pic is Eric w/lasting imp taxi

#3 pic pig on left is jim hartsock's s.w.wildlife taxi work from probably 15 or 16 yrs back

Please excuse the rush pictures they're not super flattering. Only have the mountain with open mouth because you know I think one of the beauties about javelina is their teeth and when I can't see em I figure it's a lot of money spent on amount for no teeth, maybe I'll just have one mounted smiling lol. The pedestal mount is killer! The antler is just something i put their but Eric even uses real needles on the cactus (btw never take a mount with real needles on cactus to do a javelina seminar for bunch of kids 😖)

The dark pig is just standard mount and beautiful!

Jims mount on left captured the big old boars "i dont care attitude" this pig charged me and was finished Off with a glock 30 at about 6 feet. 😱

Lil guy in middle was done by ken rowe (think that was name) about 30+ years ago.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight and the pics guys... Now I guess I need to decide and get it done... Thx

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight and the pics guys... Now I guess I need to decide and get it done... Thx

Like any taxidermy work if they get it wrong you will always have hard time looking at it. :( just go look at some examples in their shops. True story i once walked in with a pig in a cooler to someones shop and the only pig he had was on wall right by him and it looked like one that you would find in some backwoods bar.. Cracked face all dusty and ear broken. L.O.L. I left his shop with my cooler and pig and i think that might be the year i met Jim Hartsock and had him do the work??.

I have seen a ton of good taxidermy lately i think the internet really helps shave off some travel time and some wasted taxidermy $$$.

Frank at AZ Seivers has done good work for me. He did my 1st big game animal, a Javalina, back in the early 90's and it still looks like it came from his shop. He has also mounted deer, elk and the Dall that is my avatar. Great work and a fantastic source of hunting stories. If you go see Frank, plan on staying a while. It is worth the time.

http://www.azseiverstaxidermy.com/

Have fun