azcouesfanatic

Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book

Hello,

I just wanted to inform everyone that the Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book (BIA) has recently updated it's website. We have made it much more user friendly to access and print out forms. Some of you may have never heard of the BIA and I would like to invite you to come check us out. We are also on Facebook and will be coming to Instagram soon. We are responsible for recording all trophies harvested in the state of Arizona with a bow. The program has been around since roughly 1980 and we are currently on our fifth addition of the book. We are getting ready to put together the 6th addition of the book. The record book contains statistics/units/dates/times/hunters name of all animals that have been harvested and entered into our program. The record book can be a useful tool to help you establish trophy trends and what areas may be declining. Every two years we have a Biennial awards banquet where we recognize the largest three animals of each species taken within that two year period. There is no membership fee just a $20 entry fee if you were to enter a trophy.

I realize entering animals into a record book is not for everyone but I would ask you to check us out and see what you think.

Enjoy.

Brian Rimsza

Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book

www.bowhuntinginarizona.com

post-3635-0-42389100-1455128111_thumb.png

post-3635-0-56426600-1455128138.png

BANQUETflyer4.pdf

• Like 5

I wish I had something to enter! But I'll definitely be buying the book. Maybe I can get in on the 6th edition in August!

Maybe a dumb question on the entry process, but please educate me...haven't bothered to even measure my antelope from last year or my January mulie, but since my antelope is at the taxidermist and mulie is being devoured by Cole's beetles would they still be eligible if meet the minimum score? I see this on the website under Entering your Trophy but is mounting or having the skull done considered modifying from the natural state?

"No trophy will be considered which has been altered in any way from its natural state."

Thanks!

Fun book to have and reading the stories in it. Get to see where animals were harvested. Iv'e got the rifle version from several years I believe its called AZ. wildlife trophies. Good stuff Brian................BOB!

Big Orange your good. Mounted animals are fine as long as the skull plate was not split for detachable horns and I am pretty sure Cole's beetles won't add any size to your buck or he would be a rich man. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Like 1

I wished I had seen this earlier!

I just bot a ticket!

I love these books , they are just fun to read. In fact I have a few trophies in it!

Should be more just got lazy doing the paper work.

• Like 2