Sign in to follow this  
RackTracker

OTC Archery Mule Deer in Utah

Is Utah still open to apply for? Anybody have recommendations on units to apply for trophy mule deer and elk. Both archery and rifle. I have heard of all the famous deer units. But not much on elk. I hear Utah offers a point system so I would like to start applying and building points for a trophy hunt some day. I am a Non resident

I can tell you most elk in San Juan County migrate down from the San Juan range in CO. They try and get down into the canyons along the state lines before the snow hits.

If you put in for the area, little hunter pressure.

You know I want to say I read an interesting article about this man and his monster buck. Wasn't it shot, stolen by the taxidermist, and then returned to the owner like 40 years later??

• Like 1

You know I want to say I read an interesting article about this man and his monster buck. Wasn't it shot, stolen by the taxidermist, and then returned to the owner like 40 years later??

it took a couple years and the Sheriff Dept to get it back from the taxidermist. Took 40 years to get it scored properly and find out it was a record.

http://www.findmeahunt.com/blog/2010/10/19/potential-new-world-record-mule-deer-safari-club-utah-max-johnson/

• Like 2

Just drew my first Utah tag in 14a. Gonna make several trips up there this summer

• Like 2