Sign in to follow this  
trkyslr

New turkey video to fire you up!

Great video of the use of DSD decoys for archery turkey, really like the head shot and the two hunts you doubled up on thanks for sharing.

Wow! Now if that doesn't get you fired up you just have never been in the turkey woods in spring! That is a great video of some awesome birds and fabulous job slaying turkeys. Congratulations to you guys and good luck this year. Throughly enjoyed that.

Saw a buncha struttin toms this morning. Really fired up big time. Too bad it's so long till the season. Lark

• Like 1

deer trkylyr...you were correct. I'm ready for chasing thunder chickens now! just told my boss I had to leave cuz I had a fever...turkey fever! if you don't mind me asking...what broadhead do you guys use? I've used nothing but mechanicals in the past & not completely satisfied with them. I had to use a follow up shot on my AZ Rio last yr even though the first shot was in the boiler room. you guys did a awesome job on the video. good luck on your up coming hunts!

deer trkylyr...you were correct. I'm ready for chasing thunder chickens now! just told my boss I had to leave cuz I had a fever...turkey fever! if you don't mind me asking...what broadhead do you guys use? I've used nothing but mechanicals in the past & not completely satisfied with them. I had to use a follow up shot on my AZ Rio last yr even though the first shot was in the boiler room. you guys did a awesome job on the video. good luck on your up coming hunts!

Excellent im glad you enjoyed it. Some of us use VPA's and some use shwackers. Imo if your using an expandable you need to shoot a heavy arrow and decent bow poundage. last year saw a 60# bow shooting a 365 gr arrow with rages just penetrate enough to get through the feathers and skin but not into the cavity on a quartering away and facing away shot. shot placement was good too just not enough punch to get through the tough feathers and bones. if they would of been shooting a 2 blade sharp coc head those birds would have been dead as Ive seen kids shooting similar weight arrows with a 2 blade magnus snuffer at 35-40 pounds slice right through birds and kill.

Some great footage guys!

Congratulations!

Come on San Carlos, two weeks away!

post-8895-0-67457700-1458008516_thumb.jpeg