Sign in to follow this  
bvanetten

Is this illegal?

Depending if they are being sold for meat and if they are from a private pond

what if they were bought from a farm? they are not necessarily "wildlife" unless they come from wild waters? lots of asian markets sell live bass, tilapia and catfish. are those wildlife?

Yeah, I didn't want to call the guy out just yet. It would suck to get in trouble for something like this just because your ignorant.

Even if they were purchased from a legally operating farm, you cannot resell them. There is a pretty narrow set of regulations that you would need to be compliant with in order to sell live channel catfish in AZ, requiring fish health certificates and licensing, let alone all your buyers need to have approval in the form of a stocking license from game and fish before buying any live catfish. Check out the regulations

I'm not sure if G$F watches Craigslist or just follow up on complaints but my buddy had a run in with G$F on Craigslist. He shot an elk last year and did his own processing. When he was done processing he had kept any scraps he didn't plan to use but didn't want to throw it away. He ended up throwing up the few lbs he had on Craigslist and labeled it not for human consumption but to be used as dog food for $5.

One of his buddies let him know that it was illegal for him to sell wild meat shortly after posting the AD. He received a call from a lady looking to buy the scraps after he had been informed and told the lady he was sorry but he found out he is unable to sell the scraps. The lady ended up letting him know that she was with G$F and he just received a verbal warning for his mistake.

Not exactly on topic but i thought it was kind of a postive story about G$F for once. Maybe you can let G$F know about the AD and let them investigate it.

It is illegal to do that. I work I the food industry and first of all in order to be able to sell any type of live fish or shellfish you need to ha e a HACCAP plan. Which includes critical points on how your going about your business and where and from are these fish come from. It is a big deal if the health department finds out or regulatory authorities come in play. Alot of legal fees and problems can come your way if they become involved.

You aint Trying if You aint cheating.....Thats what cheaters say.......BOB!

it's been deleted.

Was gonna finally say I "caught" something without having to drink "fish finder juice" first. ha ha