Hucker

Card Hit - 2016 style

To all of the people that might actually think game and fish actually gets joy out of making us suffer through a waiting period, let's think what brought most of these people to the job they have, Most of them are hunters themselves and like you and I would love to know if the got the golden ticket. I am sure they are working as hard as any of us would if we could to get the draw done as soon as they can.

The only thing the poindexters that work in the I.T. department hunt for is their pocket protectors and Star Wars action figures.

Ha.. Pretty big generalization right there... I work in IT and don't hunt for pocket protectors or action figures. Funny though :)

To all of the people that might actually think game and fish actually gets joy out of making us suffer through a waiting period, let's think what brought most of these people to the job they have, Most of them are hunters themselves and like you and I would love to know if the got the golden ticket. I am sure they are working as hard as any of us would if we could to get the draw done as soon as they can.

The only thing the poindexters that work in the I.T. department hunt for is their pocket protectors and Star Wars action figures.

Ha.. Pretty big generalization right there... I work in IT and don't hunt for pocket protectors or action figures.

Thats because you keep them neatly organized in your star trek trapper keeper. ....... just kidding

• Like 2

Uummmm... It wouldn't? WOW. Let's see. Oh I didn't get drawn, so where is my money? So indeed the interest would in fact be impacted! I didn't realize we were all waiting to see if we got drawn. Lol

228 replies and they are from mostly the same people saying the same thing...

Welcome to coues

No it wouldn't have. Cards have never been started to get hit til around 10 AM or later

Not anywhere near correct. Two years ago I was hit at something like 430 for my ell tag, and before 8 for my deer tag in 2015.

The majority of g&f employees are NOT hunters. For most of them its just a rung on the state job ladder. In fact you may be surprised at how many are anti hunting.

• Like 4

Once the info is loaded into the computer the draw takes about 30 seconds from start to finish That info is per a G&F employee who is pretty knowledgeable of how it works. 30 seconds isn't going to make much difference.

It takes a lot longer than 30 seconds to run thru that many records in a database
  • Like 2

An it guy that speaks English is very unlikely

Ha.. Pretty big generalization right there... I work in IT and don't hunt for pocket protectors or action figures. Funny though :)

• Like 1

Uummmm... It wouldn't? WOW. Let's see. Oh I didn't get drawn, so where is my money? So indeed the interest would in fact be impacted! I didn't realize we were all waiting to see if we got drawn. Lol

The interest earned IS insignificant.

Lets use 2015 numbers:

A total of 132,587applicants for all the fall hunts.

18461 applied on paper. For the sake of argument, lets say they ALL applied for elk. That would be $144 x 18461= $2,658,384 in checks they are "holding". Interest is accrued for the amount of money in the account on the last day of the month. Sooooooo even if G& F held onto it longer, it would only be a couple hundred dollars in interest per month (interest does not accrue daily in in a savings or checking account.

However....that would leave 114126 apps that they have NOT collected money from yet. That = $16,434,144 that is just waiting to go into their account. That is CONSIDERABLY more money that could be earning interest.

Soooooo, IF they were doing this to make more interest on "my money", it would behoove them to run the draw and hit my card as soon as they could.

BUT, it is all irrelevant as the draw date DOES NOT affect when they send back checks. They will make the EXACT same amount of money in interest on the check whether they do the draw two weeks from now or two weeks ago.

Yes, I am bored and want to know if I am going hunting this fall...

And after all that math I have to tell you that none of it mattered because there is a law that doesn't allow them to gain interest off of the draw money that is sitting there. Nice number crunching though.

• Like 1

The majority of g&f employees are NOT hunters. For most of them its just a rung on the state job ladder. In fact you may be surprised at how many are anti hunting.

That's strange I only know 6 people that work for game and fish and all of them are hunters.

• Like 1

That's why you no them, we are all scholars today, no draw