Hucker

Card Hit - 2016 style

Sitting my one of my favorite mudholes in the middle of nowhere up off the rim. This bull came in right at dark on day two and had a really bad evening!! 25 yard shot. Whack! Jim Heffelfinger from G&F aged him at fifteen plus. Can't imagine what he was five or six years ago.... Arizona has the genetics to grow giant stuff... Now just to find out who gets to chase them!

post-2625-0-22010800-1459271305_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Rombo were you able to cut the gravel with a knife on this bull at the dinner table?

• Like 1

So what is really frustrating you ? not knowing whether we get drawn , or the mishandling of bank account information Social Security numbers birthdates

The part where they can't run a draw without issues. The bank account information is a big problem.

He actually is quite outstanding table fare!! Hung him a few extra days.

I think this is the trick. I have been letting them age in the refrigerator for about a week for several years now. I shot an old, big bodied bull 3 years ago and my dad thought it was one of the best tasting elk we've ever had. Shot him on opening day and cut him up the following weekend.

Congrats on an awesome bull there Rombo drink.gif He has some great tine length. If you don't mind me asking, What did it score. Not that it maters he is a stud bull

But its always fun to look at a bull and try and score them. Helps when out in the field.

Dang boys, don't you read? They are finalizing up the Boquillas Ranch deal today I heard, and as soon as that is in hand, "Let the clouds open and tags results start pouring in!"

• Like 2

Dang boys, don't you read? They are finalizing up the Boquillas Ranch deal today I heard, and as soon as that is in hand, "Let the clouds open and tags results start pouring in!"

Hope your right and it starts this evening or tomorrow morning.

I have also heard they are starting friday.

He actually is quite outstanding table fare!! Hung him a few extra days.

I think this is the trick. I have been letting them age in the refrigerator for about a week for several years now. I shot an old, big bodied bull 3 years ago and my dad thought it was one of the best tasting elk we've ever had. Shot him on opening day and cut him up the following weekend.

I actually age my elk for 14-16 days. Man that makes a huge difference... so much more tender!!!!

• Like 1

They already know how many tags they are issuing for 10. What does the boquillas have to do with the draw.let em screw up and then game and fish can finally cut their ranch out of the unit. They should do the same with the oro. Eliminate 18b for elk and see how helicopter cowboy likes it.

• Like 2