Sign in to follow this  
carpcody

Kenton speed dial

So I'm looking at adding a Kenton speed dial turret to my viper scope. Does anybody use the speed dial? If so how do you like it? I know that with these turrets your stuck with a specific altitude, but I dont think the difference would be too bad with my 7mm for the difference in altitudes I usually hunt. Any other input on this would be appreciated.

I use Kenton turrets on several of my rifles (300RUM, 300WSM, Bushmaster Varminter, and 30-06) and I absolutely love them. As far as using them at different altitudes, i've not, but I would tend to agree that unless you're making a huge jump the difference should be relatively negligible. I put one on my 300RUM just after i purchased it last year, sighted it in at 100 yards and didn't shoot it again until deer season at which time I made a 415 yard shot using the turret. The deer took a dirt nap where he stood.

Was that with the speed dial or LR hunter? Yea everything that I have read about them seems like there pretty good. I have no real itch to shoot past 600 so I think the elevation should be ok. It's good to know that they come that accurate.

I have the LR hunter on one of my guns. The baro pressure/temp difference is pretty minimal at yardages under 500-600 yards. I print out a different chart if I am at lower elevation that tells me my adjustments from my actual turret for over 500 yards. I like the turret, but I do not shoot 600+ to often ( never so far) on animals. If I planned on shooting over 600, I think I would skip the kenton and just use the moa turret on the scope.

I'm with you on shooting far, I like the idea of shooting 600 but realistically I will also try to get closer, 600 is a last resort kind of thing. I'm looking hard at the LR hunter too. Do you sight in your scope with your original turret and then add the Kenton?

I'm with you on shooting far, I like the idea of shooting 600 but realistically I will also try to get closer, 600 is a last resort kind of thing. I'm looking hard at the LR hunter too. Do you sight in your scope with your original turret and then add the Kenton?

Yes, add the turret after sighting in with the factory turret. Also, i use the LR Hunter on all of my scopes. Before you say you won't shoot out past 600 yards you should really give it a try at the range once you get your scope dialed in. I'm willing to bet you'll change your mind. Most importantly, get really comfortable with your rifle and shoot each yardage mark at the range so you can gain the confidence you need in order to feel secure out to your selected limit and possibly beyond.

I have the LR turret on my 300 rum and have killed several elk and deer from 300 out to 900 yards works great

I PURCASED 1 LAST YEAR WHEN YOU GET YOUR DIAL CALL THEM AND HAVE THEM EMAIL YOU THE FREE CODE FOR THERE BALLISTIC CALCULATOR AND IT WILL SHOW YOU YOUR RE ADJUSTMENT AND YOU CAN USE THE SAME DIAL AS AN EXAMPLE I HAVE MINE FOR 6000 DEAD ON AT 200 YARDS WITH THE CALCULATOR IT SHOWS MY ZERO AT 3000 AT 212 ON THE DIAL

I sure wish I had know that! I've ordered 5 custom turrets from them and not once had they mentioned that i could have gotten a free code. I just emailed them to see if I am eligible for the free code.

One of my Kenton turrets.

20160506_193215-1_zpsny7ayo2b.jpg

It was made for my 338 RUM with a 200 yard zero, and lines up just about perfect with my 257 weatherby, and 100 gr tsx's.

I was curious if anyone knows if the turrets from Kenton can be capped still for the Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50?