Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

traditional hunting

Trying to clean up in preparation for tile job . need to paint room first.

I have a Pearson Javelina Hunter recurve , that's been on a rack for way to many yrs.

I was tossing around the idea of selling . its 50 # 66 in bow 28 in draw

Super sweet bow - Now I haven't shot this thing in more yrs than I prefer to mention.

I even forgot how to use the bow stringer - got it strung and decided to give it a go . I was

really surprised how good it felt and how accurate it was out to the 30 yrds I can shoot at the

house. After a couple dozen shoots , I could feel the tension in my shoulders but now I want

to shoot it more. Kinda weird as I never give traditional archery much thought but thinking since

the bow is a Javelina , it's like I should put in for archery or ham and give it a go this next

spring.

• Like 1

it is a goal of mine to one day build a long bow and kill a deer or elk with it. i found some great stuff on youtube, with detailed instructions on bow building.

i think killing a big game animal with a stick and string would be one of the most satisfying things a hunter could accomplish.

• Like 1

i think killing a big game animal with a stick and string would be one of the most satisfying things a hunter could accomplish.

You have no idea

(Peep my profile photo 👀👀👀)

• Like 1

it is a goal of mine to one day build a long bow and kill a deer or elk with it. i found some great stuff on youtube, with detailed instructions on bow building.

You become a certified bad a$$ when you do that! Thats literally early man type stuff..

• Like 2

Carefully, I went back to trad five years ago just for fun. Three years ago I put away or sold the compounds for Good and only shoot and hunt archery trad gear. Now I have a dozen trad bows. And shoot every day. The simplicity of the basics put the fun mack back in the shooting for me.

• Like 3

Depends on what I need. Arrows and feathers I usually hit Ross and corner archery. Bows though there a few makers who charge less than cabelas for custom built. Alot of stuff though I get from 3rivers and a few other websites. Once you get the basics itbtakes very little to keep shooting. If I can help at all let me know.

I've got a 65# signed Howard Hill "Big Five" longbow that belonged to my dad. He actually shot an #80 version for a while and traded it for this one after tearing his shoulder. Have the leather scabbard, shooting glove, wrist protector, some cedar arrows with turkey veins, all the original stuff he used in the 1938 'The Adventures of Robin Hood'. Gonna have to get it out and learn to shoot it.