Couzer

Nevada proposing to ban Trail Cameras

I totally agree you should be able to use them on private land. Do you agree with public land needs to have something in place to manage all the new technology going on??? Cell phone cams, drone cams, etc???? I don't believe in having big brother telling us what we can and can not do but You think there comes a point were cameras should be limited?

I have been to tanks where I have seen up to 8 cameras on it. Must be a good spot, but tons of cameras!

99% of the problems would be eliminated if they just made a rule stating you can't put them within 1/4 of water. Same rule they have for camping near water.

• Like 1

I would be in favor of banning ATV/UTV, high magnification scopes and binocs, cell phones, radios, compound bows, mechanical broadheads, alcohol on national forest lands and hunting within 400 yards of a water hole.

If we do that might as well take horse and buggy when we go hunting.

I would be in favor of banning ATV/UTV, high magnification scopes and binocs, cell phones, radios, compound bows, mechanical broadheads, alcohol on national forest lands and hunting within 400 yards of a water hole.

If we do that might as well take horse and buggy when we go hunting.

I would be in favor of banning that too.

• Like 1

I think it would be better for the working man who can't afford to purchase, fuel and time to run them. Unlike the big time guides do.

Another vote for Bernie it sounds like

• Like 1

I think it would be better for the working man who can't afford to purchase, fuel and time to run them. Unlike the big time guides do.

Another vote for Bernie it sounds like
Nope trump all the way!

Won't bother me one bit. I don't use my cameras for hunting, I use them for wildlife viewing. If they try to make it on private land as well it will not stand up. Telling me what I can and can't do on my land is unenforceable.

Also illegal for wildlife viewing as well

USFS, BLM, etc. manages their lands for numerous outdoor activities. Game cameras and wildlife viewing are one of those activities. You can't infringe on my federally allowed activities with a state law.

Won't bother me one bit. I don't use my cameras for hunting, I use them for wildlife viewing. If they try to make it on private land as well it will not stand up. Telling me what I can and can't do on my land is unenforceable.

Also illegal for wildlife viewing as well

USFS, BLM, etc. manages their lands for numerous outdoor activities. Game cameras and wildlife viewing are one of those activities. You can't infringe on my federally allowed activities with a state law.

Good to know!!!

I guess I'm confused. Most of the time all I hear is that less government, less restrictions, etc. the better. Now I hear some say game cameras should be illegal. I know some don't like trail cameras, which is fine. It matters little to me wether anyone likes them or not. It is a fun hobby for my kids and I, to spend time in the woods hiking to amazing places and putting a camera up to see what we find. It bothers me that hunters that do not like them would seek a law to impose their view on everyone else.

• Like 11

No comment. Everyone would just get mad at Me..........BOB!

I guess I'm confused. Most of the time all I hear is that less government, less restrictions, etc. the better. Now I hear some say game cameras should be illegal. I know some don't like trail cameras, which is fine. It matters little to me wether anyone likes them or not. It is a fun hobby for my kids and I, to spend time in the woods hiking to amazing places and putting a camera up to see what we find. It bothers me that hunters that do not like them would seek a law to impose their view on everyone else.

The conversation in here was almost identical a couple of years ago when the debate was about deer baiting with corn. Too many people (who claim to be anti big government conservatives) feel that it is okay to ban or outlaw something because it isn't their style.

I've never set out a trail camera, but don't feel it is my place to tell others they cannot because I chose not to.

• Like 6

the cameras on my land are not to take photos of game animals but trespassers - wink - nod

so how could they possibly make that illegal?