Couzer

Nevada proposing to ban Trail Cameras

I guess I'm confused. Most of the time all I hear is that less government, less restrictions, etc. the better. Now I hear some say game cameras should be illegal. I know some don't like trail cameras, which is fine. It matters little to me wether anyone likes them or not. It is a fun hobby for my kids and I, to spend time in the woods hiking to amazing places and putting a camera up to see what we find. It bothers me that hunters that do not like them would seek a law to impose their view on everyone else.

totally agree.

i will say however though, i think theres something to the "learning curve" of how to deal with all the new technology. i cant blame people for not knowing exactly how to deal with these situations since no on has ever been in this position before. personally i dont want to be walking through the woods and have a drone flown over me with a video camera.

• Like 1

I am against aditional government intrusion into the lives of law abiding citizens. Public land belongs to the public, not the bureaucrats!

Also, will the ban be on all trail camera use, or will it be limited to the use by individuals. Trail cams are also used by BLM, Dept of Agriculture, USFS, USGS, AZ Land Department, Border Patrol, ICE, Park Service, US Military, AZ Game and Fish, USFWS, County Sheriff's, numerous conservation organizations, environmental groups, universities, research institutions, private researchers, ranchers, etc. Will all of these groups lose the use of cameras also, or will it be ok for them?

Each round of regulations on our citizenry is accompanied by a new group of exceptions. It is time for less regulation and exception, not more!

• Like 8

the cameras on my land are not to take photos of game animals but trespassers - wink - nod

so how could they possibly make that illegal?

I use my cams in the off season at our cabin. The cameras keep an eye on it when I am not there. I got the idea from a neighbor that put them up and actually busted one of our other neighbors and his son breaking into there place. The photos were used by the police and both were busted.

Nothing like a little father son bonding. Right Unbelievable

• Like 2

I use my cams more for trapping anymore than anything else. I'd be sad if I couldn't see this anymore. (watch first two and last couple minutes ;) )

https://youtu.be/u3iFup9MXV8

Brian

Did he figure out how to open it?

I use my cams more for trapping anymore than anything else. I'd be sad if I couldn't see this anymore. (watch first two and last couple minutes ;) )

Brian

Did he figure out how to open it?

Door lock failed and broke.

Brian

• Like 1

I would be in favor of them being banned on public land.

why?

• Like 1

I think it would be better for the working man who can't afford to purchase, fuel and time to run them. Unlike the big time guides do.

i'm poor and I use them..... batteries last for 3-6 months

James

• Like 1

I would be in favor of banning cameras.

why?

James

• Like 1

Why? Because all of those batteries are toxic and bad for the environment. I have my camera strategically located to catch Katlin Jenner in the act.

^^^^^^. I'd like to know the reason "WHY" as well.

Are my cameras hurting your hunting????

I think I've personally killed 18 coues. Helped my wife kill another 7. Only had motion camera pictures of 1 of those.

Out of all the coues I have helped kill only had pictures of 2 of those. I have lost count on total number. But it's over 15.

Have I tried to kill animals I have had pictures of. OH YEAH. And I have failed miserably before.

Would it hurt my hunting to loose cameras. You bet. Most of the time they are tools that allow me to mark certain areas off the list and move on. Occasionally they turn me on to a particular animal but it has been very rare.

Lots of times I use cameras after I have found a particular deer. For the sole purpose of up close photos.

How many times have we seen posts of all the pictures of deer and the person asking for advice and actually never killing the deer??????

They are tools. Having a picture doesn't mean certainty to a kill. Are there cases where the only reason a certain animal was found is because of them. YOU BET. Would all you people wanting them gone have had the chance to kill that animal if it wasn't found with a camera. Odds are almost 100% NOOOO!

So in all reality what will banning them help or end up better. In my opinion nothing because the people who are good at hunting depend on soooo much more than cameras. It will weed out a few people that only rely on it. I don't doubt that.

What might it hurt. As mentioned above many people simply love the joy of recreation with kids/family/friends for the sure enjoyment of getting out in the field. It could have an impact on the generous amounts of money that come in from auction tags. Whether you are for them or not there is no doubting it is a huge income for wildlife conservation. For reason sake (and because the point was made about cost) it could hurt the guy that can only afford a trip or two out preseason to hang a few cameras for him to gain some scouting knowledge for his hunt. Just some things to think about.

• Like 5

The ban is a joke. This what happens when a low paid politician gets courted by a group. Gets worse with a high paid politician who is expected to churn out laws (ex. California).

I know that's a funny but,

I recycle my batteries so this is what they do...

LOL!

James

Lead

Lead grids, lead oxide, and other lead parts are cleaned and heated within smelting furnaces. The molten melted lead is then poured into ingot molds. After a few minutes, the impurities float to the top of the still molten lead in the ingot molds. These impurities are scraped away and the ingots are left to cool. When the ingots are cool, they’re removed from the molds and sent to battery manufacturers, where they’re re-melted and used in the production of new batteries.

• Like 1

Does a animal detect a camera at water, bait, salt, a saddle? Tips the scale in the scouting devices favor.

They banned flying, it is a tool. You have to make regulations ,part of humans always wanting more.

We have little influence on how many tags are issued. More technology, better hunters,more predators. It will come to a halt someday. Why not scale back and help preserve what we have?

I would give up my 15s that I have had since 99 if it meant having great opportunity for my kids.

• Like 1