Sign in to follow this  
Pixman

What is the going rate for Brown's this year?

I am not selling just curious of what the price is for Brown's is this year, last year I believe it was around $12.00 a pound. Does anyone know?

i have someone that is paying 14 brown, 10 hard white and 4 for chalks

Geezus, I wish the price would go back to $6 per lb

• Like 1

Whats the average weight on one of these sheds?

seeing $15 in flagstaff

Nobody horn hunted when gas was $4 per gallon and brown was six bucks for clean brown. Now a brown six point elk antler will pay for your whole trip which results in way too many people in the woods looking for brown gold.

• Like 1

Nobody horn hunted when gas was $4 per gallon and brown was six bucks for clean brown. Now a brown six point elk antler will pay for your whole trip which results in way too many people in the woods looking for brown gold.

What does a 6-point shed weigh on average?

What does a 6-point shed weigh on average?

I don't know if there is an average but the 6 point I just found weighs about 6.5 lbs.

• Like 1

Most of the "mature" 6-point horns I pick up are in the range of 12-17 pounds per horn

Most of the "mature" 6-point horns I pick up are in the range of 12-17 pounds per horn

By mature you must mean giant's, 12-17 lbs per horn is huge. If that's what your finding, please take me with you on your next trip.
  • Like 2

By mature you must mean giant's, 12-17 lbs per horn is huge. If that's what your finding, please take me with you on your next trip.

Yup, I want to go horn hunting with alpinebullwinkle!

Another way of saying mature to me would be bulls that are 4-1/2 years old or older. Tougher for me to find the smaller horns when the grasses grow and I don't see as well as in my younger days! Sometimes a geezer like me has to just trip over them...... but I have numerous places I've been the last 45 years that remain quality locations to find horns. Having said that, the fires the last 10 years have affected where the best spots are on an annual basis. Just wish I had more time to get out (in early spring) before the taller grasses make it more difficult to spot the horns.