Sign in to follow this  
Mocha1545

My Dad and Granddad Fishing

This is the late 20's. Not sure if my Granddad was still stationed in California or in Hawaii.

post-5669-0-23549100-1459297223_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Love it that's awesome . Thanks for sharing wish I grew up in those days

My grandfather grew up in the late 20s and 30s.

As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. He watched his very successful family farm falter and nearly fail as a child during the great depression, and in his own words the first lottery he won was a free trip to Europe, and those @$$holes shot at him the whole time, from the beaches in France nearly to Berlin.

You are living the good old days. Enjoy it, and take lots of pictures of this episode for those who live the next one.

• Like 2

Cool photo......

Really is a great photo! Thanks for sharing that.

If you got nothing stirring inside when you heard this song for the first time, I feel sorry for you. I think about my Grandpa Berardi fighting for his life in Russia after his country surrendered, being one of the few guys from his unit that made it home, literally walking home (and hitching a few rides I'm sure) from Russia back to Italy. I think about him and my 16 year old Uncle Joe getting on a ship leaving my Grandma and my Mom and the other 4 kids to fend for themselves in Italy while they came to this country to work for a better life. God Bless Him and God Bless America!

• Like 2