mattys281

Who skipped the draw this year? why???

I bought a point for Antelope & I put in for to early rifle Bull tags with the hope I wouldn't draw, because I already have 2 Canada hunts scheduled for the spring and fall. I don't have enough vacation time if I drew Elk. I figured if I was going to cancel my Canada trips early Elk would be a great reason.

Hey big B what kind of hunts do you have planned up north? Sounds like moose and bear?

OTC Colorado vs Arizona. I hope he is an important customer!

His company is the best one I have, and a good friend too. We've been talking about that hunt for about 5 years now, and since he retired this year and is getting up into his 60's, I figured better now than later.

have fun and good luck up there. next year will probably be better anyway

I bought a point for Antelope & I put in for to early rifle Bull tags with the hope I wouldn't draw, because I already have 2 Canada hunts scheduled for the spring and fall. I don't have enough vacation time if I drew Elk. I figured if I was going to cancel my Canada trips early Elk would be a great reason.

Hey big B what kind of hunts do you have planned up north? Sounds like moose and bear?

I'm going spring Bear hunting in May and Fall WT hunting in November. It's going to be Awesome!!!

Sounds like some good hunts up coming this year. I have always wanted to WT up there. They have some huge bucks. Bear hunting is always fun

weather it be for blacks or griz. I wish you best of luck and cant wait to hear and see the pics.

Only bought points this draw due to illness...I'm getting better and will be focusing on predators/OTC hunts as my health permits........

• Like 2

I'm going spring Bear hunting in May and Fall WT hunting in November. It's going to be Awesome!!!

I just did my first full-sized whitetail hunt last fall in Nebraska. I loved it! Can't wait to go back. Nice to be able to shoot more than one too.

I bought a bonus point because I am trying to work and do college at the same time. I'm trying to get a college degree before I'm 40 and provide for a wife and four kids. I don't know what my Falls will look like for the next few years. I now have 9 bonus points and really want to make the most of a premium tag. I'll probably keep buying bonus points until I finish school and can really give an early archery tag the effort and attention it deserves. As long as I can hunt coues every Fall/Winter I can get by without losing my sanity.

• Like 2

I didn't put in cause I am still a non res .technically for a couple more months and wasnt gonna spend $ on out a state lic. fee. Had only 2 points for Elk after gettin drawn last year and as a non res I would not have drawn a bull tag anyway with 2 points.(not one I wanted) No big deal I lose my loyalty point. I will be in the Res draw for deer and sheep and turkey. Got option for Wyo. and Montana too ..............BOB!

I applied but for tags I knew I probably wouldn't draw, knowing that I wanted a later archery tag next year.

Now I am hating life.

I did the same thing, I have enough points to draw 3C archery finally and this year is the 9th. Last year I helped a buddy who had the tag and it started on the 11th, was hot and a late rut. Next year it starts on the 15th, I've waited this long.

Card was hit for one tag but probably my wife's cow. I put in early rifle.

Kent

I applied but for tags I knew I probably wouldn't draw, knowing that I wanted a later archery tag next year.

Now I am hating life.

I did the same thing, I have enough points to draw 3C archery finally and this year is the 9th. Last year I helped a buddy who had the tag and it started on the 11th, was hot and a late rut. Next year it starts on the 15th, I've waited this long.

Card was hit for one tag but probably my wife's cow. I put in early rifle.

Kent

Hmmm....interesting. Didn't think about the later dates next year. I now have enough points to draw a specific hunt.

Still bummed, but this eases the sting of not drawing this year.

If I didn't have enough points to guarantee in the 20% pass, I'd have applied for archery and took the tag if drawn.

I'm 59 and this will be the last time I hold out for a rut hunt.

I drew my first archery tag in '84 and have spent most years since up in the woods during the rut, helping others, scouting or pulling a tag. The rut seems to start on the 18th, pretty consistent. You can kill elk before sure enough, but the hot action hits then.

This year the season runs from 9-22, leaves 5 days from the 18th, next year it's 15-28, that's 11 days.

Again this is probably my last rut hunt and I want the experience as much as a kill.

Kent

• Like 3

I skipped it....don't get me wrong, I put in....they just skipped over me like they always do!!!

• Like 1