Sign in to follow this  
elkslare

help Cooking Elk Roast

I will be cooking a elk roast tonight and thought it would be fun to try something totally

Different? So Iam turning to cwt on what you have found to be the best way to cook a

elk roast. So any Help is greatly appreciated.

add a pork roast to the pot after you brown them and some beef broth

• Like 1

Throw it in a pit!

We used to start a big fire when we came in mid day from hunting. Before we left to go back out we would wrap up veggies, roasts, chicken, potatoes in aluminum foil and bury it in the coals.

Freakin' good eating after a long day of hunting!

• Like 1

I crock pot it with water and taco and fajita seasoning cook then shred put back in the pot and some more seasoning , oh ya don't forget the green diced chilies, roll in tortilla and enjoy my friend.

• Like 3

Crock pot. Wrap in bacon to hold mositure.Fill with rootbeer. Comes out very tender.

• Like 1

Not a new method, but a good one........season roast and brown it in olive oil and garlic. Then put in crock pot for 4 or 5 hours or until it shreds. Or take out before it shreds and then slice.

• Like 1

If it were my elk roast I would either make it into steaks for grilling (depending on which roast it is), slice it and make jerky, or do a combo of what wildwoody and bhuntin suggested for tacos.

• Like 1

Wife cooks it in beer and beef bouillon cubes on low over night. Then drain in the am and shred it. Sprinkle one zesty Italian dressing seasoning packet, and 1/2 cup water and 2 more beef bouillon cubes. Enjoy, I get some Hawaiian sweet rolls and a pickle and eat until I can't move.

• Like 1

Try this,

Dice up 1 1/2 to 2 white onions, a whole clove of elephant garlic and put in crockpot with elk roast, 2 cans of las palmas red chile sauce , salt and pepper and cook on low for 8 hours.

Take roast out and shred and put shredded elk meat back into crockpot with a can of cream of chicken soup and cook on low for another hour or so.

Very simple recipe and it makes some of the best taco, burrito, enchilada, Nacho or breakfast meat.

• Like 1

This recipe holds true to no matter what kinda meat you use.

Take your roast and put it in a crackpot and then put two packs of french onion soup mix in it. Then add just enough water to cover and cook for a good 8 -10 hours. Muledeer33 gave me a bunch of buffalo meat a few years back and to this day that recipe and the buffalo is some of the meat that I have ever had.

• Like 2

Great recipes coming in and they all sound really good. I really want to thank everyone for all your input

I think there is some really great ideas coming in. And I love to try different things, but my wife wanted me

To kick back and enjoy tonight(bless her heart) We had a B/D party for my youngest son. What a great night

just spending time with the family. I just want to thank you all for all your input. It is greatly appreciated.

Great memories

post-10770-0-72329700-1459742564_thumb.jpg

• Like 1